Saturday, January 2, 2016

Melted - Better Homes & Gardens / Candied Mulberry Spice

Candied Mulberry Spice - [no scent description]

I could have sworn I'd had this one before, yet I can't find any post about it or even a pic in my files.  Huh.  Well, I'd grabbed it for a Christmas scent this year and then just kept setting it aside to go for other holiday scents.  This one is just too darn sweet.  Ty and Casey absolutely love it and were commenting on it as soon as it started melting and filling the air.  It's just too sweet for me.  There is a dark berry note, slightly warmed with whatever the spice note is, but then the candied part overpowers it all.  It's like a powdered type of candy-sweet note, reminding me of SweeTarts.  The berry and spice aren't quite strong enough to save this for me.

I melted two cubes (about .8 oz. worth) in my Glade hot plate warmer and had super strong scent.  Maybe on a lighter scale this would have been a bit easier to take.

4 comments:

  1. Yeesh! I happened to melt this one yesterday and felt much the same. Too sharp and too sweet. I set aside a few vanilla blenders I got from Waxie Lady and will try toning it down some other time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Thanks for reminding me of that! I bought a pack of regular Vanilla Bean (Scentsationals) recently just for this type of situation, and always forget I have it.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm noticing that I'm starting to shift away from the overly sweet scents. It used to be that I'd love the sickly sweet cotton candy berry sugar diabeetus in a tart any day of the week. I definitely keep vanilla and the few bread/cookie scents I have and like on hand for emergency anti-sweet needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I've ever liked the really candy-sweet scents. Serendipity can be too much for me at times. Fruit Loops scents have never tripped my trigger. There are some types of sweet I'm okay with, but when it gets that sort of powdery, SweeTarts type sweet...nah.

      ~Deb

      Delete