Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Melted - CFTKR / Citrus Vanilla Pound Cake

Citrus Vanilla Pound Cake - 'Rich, decadent vanilla pound cake. Sweet and sinfully delightful. Tons of sweet and zingy orange zest and hints of lemon rind. A wonderful new fruited cake.
 
 This was a really nice everyday scent!  It reminded me of 'poke cakes' that were all the rage back in the, what, late '70s or early '80s.  They're popular again these days but I'll always remember my mom making them every once in a great while when I was a kid.  Anyway, there was a nice cozy bakery note from the cake, not overly sweet but definitely cake.  The citrus note was much stronger in the first hour or so of the melt, adding a nice burst of juicy brightness to the otherwise warm cake scent.  As that citrus scent faded, the scent was still delicious, just not quite as 'fun.'

I melted this 1 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent.

[This was a gift.]

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... yummy! I can't figure out whether I like lemon or not. Some days I do, some days I don't. I guess I need to separate out all my lemon tarts for those days when I'm craving it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooove lemon scents. Front Porch lemons are the best. Strawberry-lemon blends from Rosegirls are also the best. Yes, they're both the best. =P

      ~Deb

      Delete