Monday, January 11, 2016

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Campfire Marshmallow

Campfire Marshmallow - 'Smooth, creamy, gooey goodness with hints of smokiness. Sweet marshmallow toasted over an evening campfire. This will make your fingers sticky. A Homespun Original House Blend.'

I kept pushing this one aside because of the 'campfire' part.  As I'm working through my box of everyday scents now, this came up and I went ahead and melted it.  I'm glad I did!  I didn't really notice any smokiness until after this had been melting many hours, and even then it was just a hint.  That might be a bummer for those who like that type of note, but for me it was just fine.  This was a deep, sweet, vanilla scent.  I was similar to a rich sugar cookie type scent.

I melted this 1.2 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong scent.  That surprised me because I'm used to marshmallow scents being on the lighter side.  Stronger is just fine with me!

2 comments:

  1. I really like marshmallow scents in blends. It's sweet enough to temper a harsh scent but not so strong that it will overpower other notes.
    This sounds like a perfect scent! I'm really missing my parents' fire pit with all of the cold weather that's been blowing through the area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have used a fire pit right in my living room the past couple days. Oh wait, I guess that would be a fireplace. lol (No, we don't have one of those either.)

      ~Deb

      Delete