Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Oatmeal Cookies

Oatmeal Cookies - 'Toasted oats, brown sugar and cinnamon topped with sweet, creamy icing. A Homespun Original House Blend.'
 
 This is a homey scent, somewhat simple but yummy in it's comforting familiarity.  If anyone has ever baked cookies in your house, you know what I'm talking about.  This does have a bit of spice, maybe enough to drive spice haters away, but it works well with the other notes.  There is a nice bakery note, and at times I could have sworn there were raisins in these fictional cookies.  If you like casual everyday scents, this is nice step up from the 'safe' sugar cookie scents.

I melted this 1.4 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent.  The cinnamon note was quite strong in the beginning but it did settle down fairly quickly, so do not be alarmed.

2 comments:

  1. I never cared for oatmeal cookies. How could they smell so delicious and taste so... un-cookie like?
    This sounds like a great scent though! I guess it's got to go on my list for my next Dessa's order :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the occasional oatmeal cookie but not with raisins in it. Yuck! My mom always used to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies because the oatmeal stretched the recipe out farther. There was too much oatmeal, not enough chocolate chips. lol

      I'm getting an itch to order from her again too. I should browse and see what calls to me.

      ~Deb

      Delete