Thursday, January 14, 2016

Melted - Lasting Scent Candles / Banana Chai Muffins

Banana Chai Muffins - '(LSC Original Mix) This was a mixing mistake that turned out really nice. Ripe mashed bananas, brown sugar, nutmeg, clove, pumpkin chai and honey glazed walnuts baked to perfection.'

This was interesting.  To the casual sniffer this would probably come across as just a cozy banana bread scent.  More educated noses like ours however, would know there was more going on.  I never did pick out the pumpkin note specifically but I think it added a depth to the banana part of the overall scent.  There is a touch more spice and warmth too.  We'll call this a buffed up banana muffin scent.  I wish it had been stronger though.

I melted this 1+ oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium scent.

 

4 comments:

  1. I liked this one. And I was surprised to find I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you surprised because you liked a banana scent?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Banana muffins! Yummy! I need to ask mom for her recipe and see if I can make it here for some good ol' home baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that reminds me that I have some cheater banana muffin mix in the cupboard. Hmm, I know what I'm whipping up today!

      ~Deb

      Delete