Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Melted - Lasting Scent Candles / Cherry Cider Muffins

Cherry Cider Muffins - '(LSC Original Mix) Fluffy muffins covered in our house blended cherry cider and sprinkled with sugar.'
 
I didn't like this one once I melted it as much as I'd liked it on cold sniff when I first received it.  The warmed scent seemed sort of, I don't know, soggy.  The nice cherry note from before seemed more cough syrup-like now, and the nice fresh baked muffin note from before was now more like muffin batter.  It wasn't bad enough that I stopped the melt, but it's not something I'd get again.
 
I melted this 1+ oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent.

6 comments:

  1. >shudders< ew. Cherry medicine. Nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a bummer. It was weird how the notes were so crisp and clear on cold sniff, but so dull when warm.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I, like you and Julie, am very much not a fan of cherry medicine. Too many memories of childhood hallucinogenic fevers come crawling back at the mere thought of it. Ew.

    I, however, am a huge fan of batter type scents. I'm not sure that would have saved this melt for me, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of you needs to order it just to see how it comes across to someone besides me. Who is going to do it? *looking, waiting*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. This one we agree on, I really didn't like this scent! Soggy and Cherry medicine and bakery, nast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleah. Lesson learned for all of us.

      ~Deb

      Delete