Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Zombie Boyfriend

 
Zombie Boyfriend - '(SF Blend)- A deadly blend of cream filled cake, pumpkin waffles and fluffy marshmallow.'

Although this does have pumpkin in it and I did order it for fall, the scent didn't strike me as fall-ish enough to melt back then.  I've finally gotten to it though, as I randomly melt through my current 'everyday' scents.  I kept wanting to cringe and twitch at first because there was something reminding me of zucchini bread as this began to melt.  When I looked up the scent description, I figured out it must be the pumpkin waffles that are pretending to be zucchini.  Once I sorted that out in my mind it wasn't quite as bad.  I'm still not much of a fan of this scent though.  It has soft, warm, bakery tendancies.  There is a bit of creaminess, and a touch of sweetness.  The pumpkin waffles notes are there if you know it's pumpkin, but for some weird reason, these notes all rolled together still lean a little too close to zucchini bread for me.

I melted this 1.6 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong scent.  I let this melt a little over and hour before turning it off just because of the zucchini reminder.

4 comments:

  1. Zucchini zombie attack. Sometimes PPW can be a beastly thing. It is so rich and thick it falls into a slightly unsavory category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the rotting flesh of zombies DOES smell like zucchini. *gag* If I was a wax vendor I'd totally have a straight up zucchini bread scent called Zombie Flesh. LOL!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Ew. Zucchini. Anything that even hints at zucchini makes me want to gag. It's interesting that all of those scent notes combine to create a pseudo ZB, though. I wouldn't think zucchini when reading the scent blend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't totally zucchini, but just near enough to scare me a little. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete