Saturday, January 9, 2016

Melted - Sweet Treats Wax Bakery / Southern Hospitality

Southern Hospitality - 'A house blend mixing orange and almond cake with a splash of peach tea.'
 
I had no idea what the scent description of this was when I melted it.  I just wanted a random melt and hubby picked this from the box.  As it was melting I was having the occasional whiff of something that struck me as summery, or slightly tropical.  Now that I see the notes, was it the peach that was fooling me?  I also recognize now that I was smelling almond cake, and that it was darn yummy.  I didn't pick up on any tea note, and if I was detecting any orange it was probably just in the slight sweet and brightness overall.  This is a really nice scent, sort of gentle and delicate.  The almond is not harsh or cherry-like.  I really liked this one.
 
I melted this 1.6 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium scent.  It would have been nice to have a bit more strength behind it, but it was still nice enough as is.
 
[This was a gift.]

4 comments:

  1. Reading the scent description I was thinking "How could Deb possibly be melting this in the winter? That's a summer scent!"
    This sounds like a nice blend, though. I may have to add this vendor to my ever growing list of vendors to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pulled a couple out of the box that have been TOO summery for me to melt here in the dead of winter. This one snuck by though. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Glad it worked for you. As soon as I saw it had tea and almond I knew it had to be yours. Her Mr. Padfoot's Bakery blends are really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check them out some day. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete