Friday, January 1, 2016

Natters - Jan. 1 / Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Did you all survive your night of hard partying and bringing in the new year?
Heh, yeah, we were in bed by 8:30pm after a hard evening of coloring and watching the Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy channel.

Today has been another mellow day.  I'd planned to take the Christmas tree down but we're actually still enjoying it, and since the menfolk pointed out "It IS still a holiday," I've decided to leave it up until tomorrow.  The more I think about the idea of just having a beautifully decorated tree and not messing around with other decorations, the more I like it.  But again, we'll see how I feel about it when December rolls around again.

Well, I finally caved and placed Lush and BBW orders.  I was hoping the dang sales would end before my willpower gave out!  No such luck.  Since I'd already dipped into the money I'd gotten for Christmas when I ordered books from Amazon the other day, I thought I'd go ahead and spend more of it on little luxuries.  I'd been thinking about using that money towards a new camera but, ha, yeah, guess I'll need to put that idea off for a while.  lol

The BBW order isn't too crazy.  I know those things will get used up.  The Lush orders though, I'm just laughing and shaking my head about it.  I'd been at the UK site first and decided to go ahead and splurge a bit, then saw that the shipping was $43!  Noooo way.  I dumped that idea and went to the US site and just placed a very small order.  In talking with Julie afterwards, she clued me in that the trick with the UK site is to do smaller, multiple orders.  Sure enough, I went back and divided the items into two orders, and shipping for each came out to only $8 or so.  Well alrighty then!  I'm excited now for this stuff to come.  I will do haul posts when it all gets here.

Ty's been here all day, doing his laundry and just hanging out.  We've been playing the two new Munchkin games we got for Christmas (Wizard of Oz one, and Nightmare Before Christmas one) and a dorky old Super Nintendo game called Mystical Ninja that Casey was able to get on his Wii U.  We're trying to get Matt over here too but he's "not feeling well," which means he went out drinking last night.
I *finally* finished my first coloring page last night!  Hubby's done several pages in his book already, and is getting way more artistic than me.  He's also had more time to just sit and do it though.  I've been doing other things each day, laundry, cleaning, Mom tending, shopping, blogging.  So it's taken me a while to finish.  I thought I'd finally share just what we've been doing.
 
We got two Christmas themed coloring books, and a regular one.  The one on top is hubby's, and the other two are mine.

This is one of hubby's.  I think it's probably the coolest one so far.

Another of hubby's, where he started getting into shading more.

And mine, the only one I've completed so far.

This is the one I'm working on now.  I wanted to go gold and white as much as possible, but I think I'll need to add something else.  Perhaps green on the leaves and tiny pops of red in other places.

Hubby just brought supper home, our usual Friday night fish-fry dinners from a local place.  After we eat we might play another round of Munchkin, or just hang out and watch more Twilight Zone.

Our new year has come in quietly.
How about you?

8 comments:

  1. Ha! The Twilight Zone marathon is a big fave around here as well. I had to work on Thursday so I was fast asleep by about 9.30 :D The coloring books are lovely! That's a trend I haven't quite caught up with yet... I feel like I'd never do the designs justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I had the coloring books actually here to use, I did sort of freeze. LOL Just like you said, what if I don't do them justice?? Then again, no one ever really has to see them if they suck. I'm finding I love the metallic and glitter pens. I'm afraid all my pages will be shimmery.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. My New Year's Eve consisted of watching silly YouTube videos and falling asleep at 6 in the evening. I'm such a partygoer LOL
    I'm glad you bought some Lush and BBW! You deserve it! I look forward to your haul posts!
    The first drawing you showed from your hubby's reminds me of those kaleidoscope images. Very pretty! I like the bright and cheery colors you picked for yours more, though :) Green and red would make that last drawing very festive!
    I just finished working on my monster of a post and I feel like I need a nap now. Is that sad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That first one of hubby's, I told him he should get a tattoo of it around his belly button. LOL He's got quite a big ol' Santa belly now in his old age.

      Naps are good. I need to allow myself more of them!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I spent it at home too, messing around on the internet and trying to psych myself to spring-clean. Yep, exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - Did the psyching work? If not, you've got time. Just stay on the internet with the rest of us. =P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! I love love love your coloring pages! Gel pens just feel so good to write with. Did you finish that last one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. The books kinda got shoved aside while we wait for those markers to come. I could still finish that one because I don't plan on using anything other than metallic or glitter pens. We've started working on a jigsaw puzzle now instead.

      ~Deb

      Delete