Monday, January 11, 2016

Natters - Jan. 11


It's cold here!  It was -8 when I left for work this morning, and we made it all the way up to 9 degrees at some point today.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 7, but windy, so it'll feel like a billion below zero.  I'm supposed to go to my mom's tomorrow but I'm hoping she won't want to go out because of the cold.  I'm totally okay with staying home and napping in a cocoon of blankets all day.

Work was somewhat crappy today, just a lot of people being whiny and ornery.  I'm very much looking forward to the next two days off.

I guess Minion has been chomping on one of the snake plants afterall.  The one of the buffet has several tips missing and bite marks farther down the leaves.  He doesn't seem to be bothered by it though.  I see no kitty puke and he seems to be acting just fine.

David Bowie died yesterday!  That was the first thing I heard on the radio when I woke up this morning.  I couldn't believe it.  He was only 69 years old and had battled cancer for the past 18 months.  I haven't had a chance to really read any news about him because of work, but I thought I saw it mentioned that he'd kept the cancer secret.  I don't even know what kind of cancer.  It's just so sad.

I'll leave you with this . . . David Bowie performing 'Heroes' at Live Aid back in 1985.


6 comments:

  1. So sorry about the Vikings, Deb. I can't stand the Seahawks :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what a way to lose! Did you see it? A missed 27 yard (!!!) field goal! Geez, I'd rather have had it a miserable game all the way through instead having it end on crap like that. =(

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. That Minion! What a card! Hopefully he has an iron tummy. Keep warm up there friend. David Bowie news was so sad. I always feel bad that the person adored never sees these accolades and show of adoration while they are alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cat should have his own Facebook page or Instagram account. It doesn't look like he's eating the plants. He must just be chomping them and spitting the tips out just to be naughty. I keep finding dried up pieces all around the pots.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Oh my. It's not quite gotten that cold here, but we've definitely had some snow. The wind is what makes the temperature so dang difficult. I need to get some of those face masks that Koreans wear a lot, because our scarves just aren't cutting it.

    I hope Minion stops chomping away at the plants! It's nice to be able to have a bit of green inside, especially when the outdoors is so frozen. I'm glad he's not showing any bad side effects though!

    I can't believe David Bowie died! He just seemed like one of those immortal people, just like Christopher Lee and Leonard Nimoy did. Each person left a wonderful legacy for the world to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minion is SUCH a naughty toddler. Like right now, because I'm not paying attention to him, he's hopped up on the buffet and is sniffing the plant. He totally fights off sleep sometimes too. Dang kids....

      ~Deb

      Delete