Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Natters - Jan. 13 / Billion $ Lottery

Saw this picture on Facebook today and thought it was so cool.  My mom loves cardinals, so I'm going to print this out for her.  I bet she's never seen one like this!

Speaking of my mom, I did go over there this morning.  I picked up her mail and did her laundry, but we didn't go shopping because of the cold weather.  That was totally fine with me.  My sister called her while I was still there, so I talked to her for a bit too.  It's weird to think of how long it's been since I've actually *talked* to her.  I hate talking on the phone.  I'm all about Facebook messaging, texts, and emails.  Anyway, my sister is home from the hospital now and recovering nicely.

Also while I was at my mom's her landlord stopped by to see about putting some safety bar things in the bathtub for her.  She does not live in a senior apartment so there are no special features to make things easier for older people.  I don't think he's really obligated to provide such things so I was surprised when he showed up.  She'd told me recently that she'd put a note along with her rent payment, asking about it.  I suppose though, she's been living there five years while all the other tenants come and go after a handful of months, so maybe he figured it wasn't such a bad idea.  He took some measurements and stuff while I was there, then said he was going to see what he could find and would be back later today.  I was gone before he got back so I don't know if he managed to get anything yet.

I finished that dang jigsaw puzzle!  I was determined to get it done today so I plopped myself down and had some good ol' true crime shows on TV while I worked.  As soon I was done I wanted to tear it all up and start on a new one.  LOL!  But no, I let it sit so hubby could see it when he got home.  I did pull my Christmas coloring book out again and worked a bit on that gold and white design I'd last been working on.  I didn't do too much though because I was puttering around on some other small things that needed to get done.

After hubby was home and we'd eaten supper, we watched last night's episode of Shannara.  Yep, I'm into that show now.  There is still a bit of cheesy bad acting, and I wish they'd get rid of the too tight outfits on the main girls, but it's getting better.  And it's truckloads better than the bit of that Shadowhunters show I managed to see last night.  What a disappointment that one was!

Do you have your lottery tickets?  Hubby is all excited and has about $20 worth for us.  What the heck would you do with $1.5 BILLION?!  Yeah, I know, after taxes you only get mere millions but -HA!- I'll still take that.  Actually, I think winning that much would be kind of terrible.  Can you imagine all the hassle of lawyers and financial advisors?  Not to mention all the people that would be hounding you.  I'd be happy to win just one million, or even $500,000.  Something realistic, ya know?

Well, I guess I'm off to bed now.  I'm feeling kinda weird, like my heart is racing and my blood pressure is sky high.  I must be sensing that billion dollar prize coming to me, huh?

9 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of phone conversations. There are very few people that I am comfortable enough to be able to maintain a voice-only chat. My hubby, my siblings, and my parents. When my aunt or grandparents demand I call I always cringe a little because our conversations are always filled with awkward silences. Couldn't all this have been avoided by doing text, or Facebook, or email??? I'm glad your sister is doing well, though! :)

    That lotto stuff has the entire internet excited about it. I hate the thought that a winner doesn't have the option to claim their prize anonymously. We don't get to partake in any lottery shenanigans over here so we'll just have to live vicariously through stateside friends and family who bought some tickets.

    Speaking of which, if you win... wanna help a gal out? :P LOL Kidding, but I can't imagine actually being in that situation. I can't say I would be very friendly about all the people coming out of the woodworks if we ever won a large enough sum of money to garner that sort of attention. "Are you my parents? No? Okay. Goodbye." Even $500,000 would be good enough to pay off our debts and leave us a sizeable amount to save and/or invest.

    As for you winning, may the odds be ever in your favor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I win, I'll hop a nice flight over to visit you and give you a few bucks. Then we'll hop over to Germany and buy a castle. How many wax warmers do you think we'd need in a big old castle??

      Phones....in the 25+ years hubby and I have been together, I think I've only talked to him maybe two or three times on the phone. Seriously! I hate phones. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. That bird is so lovely! It belongs on a card.

    I am bad at phones too. I hated ordering pizza as a teenager but my stepdad made me do it.

    Good luck! I hope you win! And you need a warmer for every room in your castle. I better get to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. I just had a vision of the library in your castle. I REALLY need to visit.

      Delete
    2. We won $4 in the lottery. How big of a castle should I get?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. That bird is amazing... like some kind of snow cockatiel.

    Nice of your mom's landlord to even consider stuff like that, unless he's worried about what might happen if she does hurt herself!

    I haven't had a chance to watch Shannara yet, but occasional cheese & bad acting usually doesn't bug me. Did you ever see Merlin on NBC and then Syfy? I loved that show :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merlin is one I remember wanting to watch but don't remember why I never did. Ooooh wait. I just looked on IMDB and I'm not sure what show I'm remembering now. Who was in the one you loved?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. It was a British show that had Anthony Head from Buffy as King Uther Pendragon and John Hurt as the voice of the dragon, with a kid named Colin Morgan as Merlin. It's kind of a CW take on the Arthur story, with lots of good looking young people, but the writing was pretty good and I liked the humor.

      Delete
    3. I might have been thinking of Camelot. I remember trying to watch the first episode and hating the acting and glammy 'let's draw in teen girls' outfits and scenes.

      ~Deb

      Delete