Sunday, January 17, 2016

Natters - Jan. 17

Minion wants to show you how much he loves our new plants.
Well alright then!  LOL

Yeah, I've been absent for a while.  I'm in that funk again.  Work has been sucky again and I can't seem to get back to that 'let it go' mindset that had been working recently.  Then it carries over to the blog and I start feeling like nattering about my boring life and showing cute stickers is a ridiculous waste of time.  But I'm here for now, nattering about my boring petty problems and about to show some cute stickers.

Go figure.

I bought these at Walmart yesterday.  They were in the Valentine section.  I thought they were cute.

Bought this pack too, also in the Valentine section.  More cute little creatures.  I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with these.  I haven't been writing in my journal since very early during Blogmas.  I don't have any urge to try card making again, although I do feel sort of obligated to make Valentine cards because Santa brought me some Valentine crafty things.

And I bought this pack, also in the Valentine section, just to have on hand to put on birthday card envelopes.

I grabbed just this one pack of tarts because I absolutely LOVED the Cider Apple Fritters scent last fall.  My Walmart is weird in their wax section right now.  The fall scents never went on sale and many of them are still in stock in the regular wax section.  There are also a lot of empty spaces on the shelves, and that big center aisle bin of wax is gone.  This makes me think fresh stock of new spring scents might be coming soon.

I think I need to take some time to sort through my current wax stash.  I have three little boxes that I use to store my wax.  One is fall scents, one is Christmas scents, and one is everyday scents.  Since we're just past the fall/holiday season, I shouldn't have much left in those boxes and should be able to combine them into one box for the first half of the year.  For some reason, all three boxes are full and I'm finding fall scents in my everyday scents box.  The struggles of a wax junkie, huh?

Oh yeah, and I ordered a Rosegirls sampler yesterday.

Another part of my multiple Lush UK orders came yesterday.  Yay!  I'm getting anxious to use this stuff now but I'm trying to wait till it's all here so I can take pics and blog the haul.  Hubby and Casey laughed at me when I was showing them my growing Lush stash.  They laughed at the idea of me learning to relax and pamper myself.  I guess I'm kinda laughing at the idea too.

The Packers lost last night.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Ohhhhh, I have hated that team with a passion this year!  I'm not even sure why.  Usually I'm just 'meh' towards them, make a few rivalry type comments here or there.  But this year, wow.  I hate their smug attitude and how their 'greatness' comes from technicalities like Rickety Rodgers hurry-up play calling to catch too many men on the field.  I don't even care about the Super Bowl this year.  I'm bummed that the Vikings lost their game but I'm so glad the Packers lost.

It's freakin' cold here again, a mere -9 as I write this.  I'm feeling a bit crappy and cranky.  We started a new puzzle last night so I think I'll get this posted and go work on that while huddled under a blanket.

OH!  I finally got a chance to watch the premiere episode of Shadowhunters yesterday.  When it was originally on, our dvr didn't record it for some reason.  The few minutes I'd managed to watch that night were rather horrible and I'd thought I wouldn't be bothering with that show.  I managed to get the episode recorded when they showed it again, and yesterday I watched it.  I still think it's rather cheesy, and the main characters have the worst acting out of everyone, but for some reason I feel the need to give the show a chance.  I'll see how I feel after the second episode, coming on Tuesday.  I still think Shannara is better, and once all my other shows return I might give Shadowhunters up, but for now I'm curious enough to try another episode.

How have you been?!

12 comments:

  1. Minion has spoken, LOL!

    Very cute sticker find! I made a trek yesterday in the rain to Daiso hoping to stock up on some cute notebooks & other stuff but it was kind of a bust--they had none of the dot grid notebooks I like, and the stationery section was kind of blah overall. They did have some cute washi tapes (in fact, some were the same patterns I've seen at Dollar Tree... hmmm!) so picked up a couple of those, along with some stuff from the gardening section and a few other household items.

    I was informed by my boss last week that a coworker told her that I am "always on the Internet," which is absolutely not true! I will jump on and check email and a couple of blogs when the phones slow down, but never for more than a couple minutes and only if my other tasks are done, which the other people in my dept also do. Unfortunately, I have two huge monitors that face the walkway to the break room, so everyone can see what I'm doing. My boss admitted it was stupid, but I have to be mindful of it anyway because of appearances. I'm still very annoyed! :(

    None of the teams I like are making it through the playoffs so far, even though the games have been fun to watch for the most part. I was just glad to see the Seahawks lose today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh, you have Daiso near you? *slides chair closer* We need to talk. =)

      Why do coworkers have to be buttheads? The ones I'm having problems with at the moment are problem employees even without the current spats I'm involved in. I'm fairly confident they'll destroy themselves on their own.

      I'm not a huge Panther fan but YES! I was so glad the Seahawks lost! The Cardinals are the only team left that I have even a bit of interest in.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Yup, we have a bunch of Daisos around the Bay Area. There's a newish one about equidistant from the one I went to this weekend that I will need to check out since this visit was a disappointment, so feel free to put in an order :D

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure anymore what I'd want. I haven't been using any of my stickers or washi tapes. I pulled out my stuff today, thinking I'd attempt some Valentine cards, but just stared at it for a while and packed it all back up.

      I should go watch some Daiso hauls. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Super cute stickers! You always find some great ones. :)

    LOL @ Minion and the plants!

    Literally cannot process -degree weather. I know, I know, weather baby. :P

    Totally agree about sorting through the current wax stash. It is time. Maybe it can be a process for your blog? Catalog or photograph for the blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a wind chill advisory continuing today until noon. Our high today is supposed to be 3 above 0. Luckily I didn't have to go anywhere yesterday. We just stayed inside, cranked the furnace, and worked on our puzzle.

      I sorted through my wax already. It's mostly BHG and Scentsationals clamshells taking up so much room in my three boxes. I hadn't realized that is what's going on, so the mess wasn't as messy as I'd thought. lol I do need to get going on those clamshells though....

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. All of the local Walmarts in my area are gearing up for a re-vamp of their wax sections. The $2 free-standing display is half-empty, as are the shelves. I have to say that the BH&G holiday selection was dismal this time around and most of the Scentsationals fragrances I currently love are web site only! The weather here in Central California is mid-60s with rain forecast later this morning. Sounds like a pleasant, lazy holiday perfect for wax melting!

      Delete
    3. When I was in Walmart with my mom the other day, I noticed it looked like they'd dumped a box full of Fresh Cut Frasier (BHG) on top of the stuff in the bin. There must have been 15-20 packs of that one. You'd think those would have gone in the Christmas clearance! Almost looks like they're cleaning out the wax attic. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Sorry about work. I am feeling the same way too right now. Hopefully we can both get past this hump.

    I hope you are keeping warm up there lady. Those stickers are super cute. The woodland creatures make me smile. Almost time to start the Valentine's door.

    Hope your weekend was good. Here's to another week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't know what to do about work anymore. We had a Round Table meeting yesterday, just the plant manager, our HR person, and a few people who'd signed up to attend. We talked about problems, and they admit and recognize that we're frustrated, and assure us they're trying to fix things... *sigh*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. LOL! Minion is so naughty.

    Those stickers are adorable! I'm looking at the deer and now I want to watch Bambi, even though I know I will probably cry. I'm apparently growing up to be a very emotional person. Boo!

    I need to organize my wax stash as well. I've got bags and boxes of wax just sitting around the office begging to be put away. I'll get around to it once I finish the rest of the house, which is taking longer than I anticipated. This cold weather makes me want to curl up in bed with a cup of hot chocolate and watch movies!

    You just reminded me that I need to post about my 2nd Lush Korea visit. Oops. I've had the pictures for a while but I keep forgetting to write about it!

    I'm spending a lot of time playing video games. I forgot to log into UO and grab all of my holiday bags across the FOUR accounts I pay for. This is the second year in a row I've done this. NOOOO!! Now I'm trying to buy up all of the bags I see on vendors while the prices are still relatively low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember offhand but it seemed like the bags were skimpy this year. Plant deeds are always welcome, but it seemed lacking this time.

      ~Deb

      Delete