Monday, January 18, 2016

Natters - Jan. 18


Another frigid day here.  We made it up to three degrees above zero but there were wind chill advisories in effect.  Temps are supposed to start climbing now and by the weekend we're supposed to be in the mid-30s.

I went to my mom's this morning, despite the cold.  I'd been hoping she'd call and say to wait till next week.  But nope.  So then I'd been hoping she wouldn't want to go anywhere, that I'd just do her laundry and be able to get back home.  Nope.  Since we didn't go last week, she was needing groceries this week.  So off we went.  She's sounding pretty sure that she'll get her other hip done this year.  She's thinking maybe around June.  She says she'll call the doctor one of the these days and see what's what.  I'm not looking forward to staying there again through the recovery, but at least we both know what to expect this time.  And I really do think it won't be nearly as bad this time since it was the cracked hip that caused all the recovery troubles last time.  (The cracked hip that she got IN the hospital . . . )

When I got home from Mom's I just kinda puttered around the house.  I hauled my stickers and things out and wanted to attempt a Valentine card or two.  Yeah, I don't think my heart is really in it because I just stared at all the stuff and then packed it all back up again.  All my beautiful stickers and washi tapes, and I have no use for them.  I should just destash them, or send the whole works off to someone crafty.

Frustrated from all that, I grabbed one of the coloring books I'd gotten for Christmas and worked on a page in there.  My heart wasn't into that either.  I considered starting a new jigsaw puzzle, since we finished our other one last night.  And since I can't think of anything else worth nattering about this evening, I'll get this posted and go grab the next puzzle.

Good day, all!

4 comments:

  1. Hoping the next surgery goes smoothly. No cracked hips. Has Miin still been terrorizing the poor plants?

    Have you tried googling Valentine card ideas? Get your juices going? Have you used your Lush stuff yet? I used one bath bomb tonight and I am silver glitter city. It is all over the sheets and all. Adam is not amused.

    Hope you have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to leave the two in the living room alone, and only seems to bother the one on the buffet when we're not paying attention to him.

      I haven't Googled for card ideas but I was browsing through a card making magazine the other day. Maybe I should buy it next time.

      I did indeed start using my Lush stuff! I used the Christmas bubble bar wand and tried the Karma Kream lotion.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. LOL Julie! Michael always makes fun of me when I look like a glitterbomb. I think he's used to it from my nail art days. And my jewelry making days. And my polymer clay days. Really I've been a walking glitterbomb since before we met. I love me some sparkles. Except in body care that isn't a bath bomb/bubble bar. Call me weird.

    Have you been watching your normal YouTubers? I find in all of my crafty stuff that being involved (ie. reading/watching obsessively) in the community really helps me in those creative slumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching YouTube is what gets me into all this trouble to begin with. LOL! I watch the hauls and crafty videos and think 'Oooh, fun! I wanna do that too!' and dive in, only to find I don't really want to do that.

      ~Deb

      Delete