Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Natters - Jan. 6 / Lumpy Cats


Another fairly decent day at work.  My feet were killing me by the end, and I did have a somewhat nasty run in with a new guy who didn't realize I was a lead person, but the mellow mood remained a majority of the time.  I'm so glad to be off tomorrow and Friday though!

Casey discovered a pretty big lump on the side of Fattycat's lower jaw.  We can't tell what it is.  It looks like there might have been a scratch, and maybe it's swelled up or mildly infected.  It's doesn't look inflamed or pussy, but does look like some of the fur is gone and like the skin is dry.  He often has little owies on his chin and jaw from scratching himself with jagged claws, or sometimes from when Minion gets too rough with him, but this lump is way bigger than we've ever seen.  I wonder if that's why he was refusing the meat sticks?  Maybe it was hurting to chew or open his mouth?  He's acting normal other than that, and didn't seem bothered when we poked at it.  I don't know.  I guess we'll keep an eye on it.
I have absolutely nothing planned for tomorrow.  Yay!  That usually means something bad will happen.  Fatty's face will explode, or Casey's car will die, or this computer will puke out again.  If nothing does pop up, I'll probably get caught up on blog commenting and replying, and watching YouTube videos.  I should just stop watching them since they usually get me riled for one reason or another.  What would I do when I'm bored then?  READ?!

I'd totally thought I'd have an order or two arrive today, but there was nothing.  I hope that means I get bombarded with packages tomorrow.  Oh yeah, just remembered I need to take pics of my BBW haul tomorrow.  Ok!  Something to do!

Well, something happened last night in the book I'm reading that knocked it back to brutal, and I was quite upset and disturbed.  I don't think I could ever watch this story as a movie.  I was hoping to read a bunch on my breaks at work today but it's now up to a sad part and I didn't want to be blubbering in the breakroom.  So, once again, I need to get this post up and go get some good reading in!

Good night, all.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, poor Fattycat. I hope it's nothing too serious!

    Violence in books can be more unsettling than seeing it on a screen. I was listening to a series of kids' books called Gregor the Overlander by the same author as The Hunger Games, and had to stop reading after the 4th book dealt with genocide :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, I think I can read violence easier than seeing it in movie form. I think by reading it, the mind sort of limits itself on just who real you see it. With a movie, it's right there before your eyes.

      The book is The Scorpio Races. Have you read it? I just finished. I don't know if my post will be up tonight or tomorrow. I need to settle my emotions and sort out my thoughts. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I hadn't heard about it before, but people rave about her Shiver trilogy (which I also haven't read--too many books to read and tv shows to watch!)

      Delete
    3. I've had the Shiver trilogy on my wish list forever. I think I'm finally going to dive in. She has another series too. Raven Boys, or something? I think Julie is into that one.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that based off your newer Natters nothing bad happened with your day! :P
    I haven't read The Scorpio Races. Looking it up, I'm very intrigued! I'll have to keep an eye out for this series the next time Michael and I go to that English book store in itaewon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know it's just a stand alone novel. I'm glad about that because it seems when I love a first book, the rest in a series disappoint me. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete