Thursday, February 4, 2016

Band of Bloggers - Vol. 2 / Feb. 2016

Welcome to the month of February! Congratulations, you survived the start of the New Year! If this is your first month joining us, Band of Bloggers is a revamped version of the Order of the Odor, where we do a monthly chat about all matters of waxy things and life. We hope you join us in the conversations!

This month's question is:
Now that we have settled into the new year of 2016, we wanted to find out what are your goals for this year (life, blog, work, travel etc)?
My goals are pretty small for the most part.  For life in general I'd like to get at some projects I've been pushing aside for too long.  Things like finally buying new curtains for the kitchen, sorting through years of old bills and receipts, purging accumulated junk from the attic.  I'd like to get back to working on family history things.  I'd like to just relax more, allow myself to chill on the couch and watch crap TV, etc..

As far as wax, I'm not quite sure.  I feel like there might be more Rosegirls in my life this year, since I do like the changes they've made with limited ordering and faster TATs.  I feel like just sticking with some old favorite vendors to get my waxy fix now and then, but I'm also feeling like I'm okay with letting my stash run out and not bother for a while.  This doesn't surprise me much since fall and winter scents are my favorite and that's when I get most excited about melting.

For the blog, I'm not sure about that either because I am still (yes, STILL) wrestling with whether or not to continue.

I think 2016 needs to be a year of getting back to more simple things for me.

---------------------------------------------------

Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs
and help support the blogger community!

Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.
Liz, at Furianne
Michelle, at Waxing About.
Sunnee, at Fragrance Obsessed.

Thank you, and have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Simple is always smart. Decluttering feels good too. Any particular shows you want to watch?

    Rosegirls! I have been hankering for them lately. My stash is running precariously low. Funny you mention letting it run out. I wouldn't say I would go that far but I have not been melting wax everyday. In fact, this week I have only melted once but it has been an awful week for me.

    I hope the bloggy bug bites you. I might have to send some in your next box when I return the book. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My regular shows are starting to return from their breaks, things like Suits, Sleepy Hollow, Vikings. Game of Thrones is coming back in April (I think?) and I'll probably watch even though I swore I was done with it at the end of last season. I'm also digging The Chronicles of Shannara, and we've been watching that new sitcom called Superstore.

      So I do have plenty of shows to keep me entertained, but that are tons of times when there are movies coming on that I'd love to see but for whatever reason I just can't sit down and watch. I always feel like I need to be doing something else.

      I haven't been melting as much lately either. Our up and down weather is killing my sinuses and most scents just bother me these days. I still have my RG sampler sitting here on the desk and the soft mix of scents coming from that is usually enough lately. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. It might be weird to say but I am gleefully excited about what curtains you pick out.

    I hope to get the next round of samplers, I thought your last one was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever get around to picking curtains....
      I've put it off this long!

      I'm thinking of grabbing another sampler this month. Get one!!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Blogging is therapy. I hope you stick with it, even if it is just short posts a couple of times a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is therapeutic, isn't it? There is also a sort of accountability that goes with it too. I see you've been doing yours lately. I've been reading but need to start commenting more. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Small goals are a good strategy, which means there will be a sense of fulfillment all year round. I hope you meet your goals this year.

    I would like to make a RG order this year down the line, I have yet to try their mini-melters and I like quite a few of the scents so maybe maybe. Got to use up my stash first before I can justify another order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get a couple bags when they open this weekend, and another sampler at the end of the month . . . and I haven't even touched the sampler I just recently got yet. Doh!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. Simple is good! I need to put more effort into family history things. We don't have any physical pictures of the two of us, nor do we make much effort to take pictures of ourselves. Pictures in general? Sure. Put Michael or I in it? Nooooooooooo.

    I'm still on the fence on ordering from Rosegirls. Four or five of the scents they're offering sound good, but I'm not sure if they're good enough for me to make an order. I do know I'm going to order from CLK in the next week or so, once I've melted through a bit more of my stash.

    I do know I want to at least pick up a sampler from RG the next time they open up. Your last haul looked too good to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have barely any pics of hubby and I. Now that the boys are adults, we rarely get new pics of them either. It's usually just at Christmas when I snap a few.

      Pics of family members in general has become sucky for me. With Facebook and whatnot, there so SO many pics available that family members post, but I never stop and save any or print any out to actually keep in frames or albums. I need to make that a project for this year.

      There are only two bags on their upcoming chunks list that I'm interested in, but I'll probably go ahead and order because even if I make a trip to the store, you never know what's going to be in stock on any given day.

      ~Deb

      Delete