Friday, February 5, 2016

BHG / Scentsationals Spring 2016 Scents

My Walmart has a newly restocked wax section, with spring and summer scents pushing out the lingering summer and fall ones from last year.  There are still plenty of the usual ones there, like the orange cupcake and the overly sweet brownie ones that are always there.  The fall ones have FINALLY gone on sale.  I even saw the honey cake one from Christmas on sale for fifty cents a pack!  Too bad I don't like that one.  

But anyway, I did a quick browse at the newer spring type scents and thought I'd share.  I did not sniff them all and did not take any notes.  I didn't even separate my list into Scentsationals and Better Homes & Gardens.  Sorry!  I'm slacking as a blogger, I know!

Anyhoo!  The new ones I noticed . . . 
  • Sun Washed Poppies
  • Apricot Rose Water
  • Iced Lemon Poundcake
  • White Peach Mango
  • Sunlit Strawberry Patch
  • Exotic Paradise Punch
  • Tropical Fuse
  • Bali Shore
  • Egyptian Cotton
  • Himalayan Pink Salt
  • Orchid Paradise
  • Love Letters
  • Tea Thyme
  • Pink Velvet
  • Day Dream
  • Violet Sugar
  • Sunset Creek Azalea
  • Serene Spa Resort
  • Isla Bonita
  • Caribbean Sea Breeze
Some of these might have been around before.  A lot of the tropical ones sound the same year after year.  And some of these I'm quite sure were out last year but I don't see them in my old post from back then.  I was just excited to see fresh new stock in the wax section!
 
I only bought two for now.
 
Pink Velvet - 'This sweet and fun fragrance mingles sugared lemon, apple and pineapple into a sweet heart of tropical punch and red currant. Sugar cane and vanilla bean in the base deliver a captivating finish.'
 
 The picture and the little blurb on the package are very misleading.  You'd probably think this was a nice mellow bakery scent, right?  The more detailed description I've included is from the Scentsationals website and yeah, it smells way closer to that than what the picture on the package would have you think.  Before reading the description I would have sworn there was something floral with a hint of musk in this.  Now I can pick out the pineapple, along with the slightly warm sugar and vanilla.  This is sweet and fruity, but there is just enough hint of something bakery-like to keep it from being a tropical drink type scent.

Iced Lemon Poundcake - [no scent description]

Well you knew I had to buy this lemon scent.  I mean really, who am I to pass up lemon?!
There is more poundcake than lemon in this.  It's definitely a bakery scent.  The lemon is light, just enough there to sweeten and brighten things up.

Have you seen any new spring scents popping up at your Walmart yet?  I'm sure there are some out there that aren't at my store yet.

 

15 comments:

  1. I have several of the new scents, but I haven't looked in a couple weeks, so I must find the two you highlighted; they're right up my alley! Thanks for sharing! I love it when new seasonal WM wax comes out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have the Violet Sugar and another lemon one that I don't have listed and didn't see any more of, but I already posted about those a few weeks or so ago.

      It's fun to see all the new stuff!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to list these out! I may or may not have snapped a pic of your list to reference later on when I'm at Wal-Mart again :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Glad I could help. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I read your posting right before heading off to Walmart yesterday morning. Yes, the entire wax section had been re-stocked (after last weeks mess where the shelves were haphazardly stocked with the remnants of a free-standing aisle display). I bought a Himalayan Pink Salt, a great fresh fragrance for spring and Rainy Day, a re-packaging of the Scentsationals Rain which was previously available only on their web site. Very sadly, I didn't see my current favorite spring offering, Apricot Rose Water!! I was prepared to buy two or three of those but no such luck. Overall, some nice offerings but nothing to blow my socks off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spring/summer stuff isn't my favorite. All the florals and spa types come out, and all of the super fruity ones. I don't buy much until the fall scents roll out again.

      Thanks for the info on Rainy Day/Rain one!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty much with you, Deb. The tropical fragrances aren't my favorites along with the super sweet fruity scents. I like certain spa scents but it's hit and miss. Right now I'm melting Zen which is a classic clean fragrance that I enjoy. Perfect after cleaning out my coffee maker with apple cider vinegar! FYI Rainy Day is listed as water lily and white musk; to me, this fragrance reminds me of a wet sidewalk in spring. Go figure.

      Delete
    3. I'll have to give Rainy Day another sniff. I think we have Zen here, a partial pack in hubby's stash. (His stash is the stuff I don't like but he does, that he sometimes melts while I'm at work. lol)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Excited to smell Pink Velvet and the Salt one too. I went to Walmart, but nada. Hopefully they will arrive soon or I may need to send you some money >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Just let me know. I'll be there again Sunday morning.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. Oooh, Himalayan Pink Salt sounds awesome! I used to have a salt lamp in my bedroom growing up. Now the smell of it makes me think of homey things and simpler childhood worries where I couldn't wait to get home for a weekend of UO playing, lol.

    *sarcastic voice* I have NOT seen these new scents at my Walmart, but thanks for asking! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a box to pack up and send your way. Maybe a pack of Himalayan Pink Salt will fall into it.....

      And I would demand that the military send you someplace that has Walmart. =P Have you seen any wax options anywhere over there?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I've seen candles, but no tarts. Even the Daiso that has tealight warmers doesn't have tarts. They're pretty big on potpourri and incense from what I see, so maybe tarts just aren't a thing here.

      Delete
    3. Did you buy a tea light warmer? I know you'd mentioned not even being able to find warmers over there, and that yours didn't seem to work the same there.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. Not yet. I was going to a few days ago, but the Daiso was closed. Bad timing on our parts - Lunar New Year is no joke!
      I'm not even sure if I like the options they have at the store. The dishes seem incredibly small and the designs are either unstable or overly complicated in color/scheme, making them bad decorating choices.

      Delete