Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Melted - Front Porch / Salted Caramel

Salted Caramel - 'Yummy caramel goodness!'
 
I was not a fan of this scent.  The caramel was nice, sweet and gooey, but the 'salted' part killed it for me.  I need to figure out a way to describe that note.  Biting?  Sharp?  Harsh?  I'm not sure.  But there was just enough of that biting-sharp-harsh saltiness to keep me distracted from the otherwise creamy-yummy goodness.

I melted this .9 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had STRONG scent.  Maybe that was another problem.  Usually I love a good strong scent, but maybe the strength made that salty note just too much for me to take.

[This was a gift.]

2 comments:

  1. Bummer that the salt was too much. This sounds like it would be a lovely scent if one part didn't overpower the other. I think I know what you mean with the salty note, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having problems with that type of note in a bunch of fall and winter scents too. My tastes must really be changing because I do not remember EVER being so picky or sensitive when it came to scents.

      Good lord, I hope I'm not turning into my mother. *screams at the thought* LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete