Monday, February 29, 2016

Melted - Scentsationals / Cottage Window

Cottage Window - 'The smell of a clean cottage on a fresh summer day mingled with ivy.'
 
This scent was not what I'd expect something called Cottage Window to be.  I would have thought more fresh, outdoorsy, greenery.  On cold sniff this too bad and not too far off from what you might imagine it should be, but there is a 'sexy man' note in it that really comes out when this is warmed.  I suppose it shouldn't surprise me because quite a few outdoor type scents seem to have a cologne-y note.  Why is that?  When I go outside, I don't smell sexy men.  *shrugs*  But anyway, the cologne-y note was very strong in the warmed scent and that's just not my kind of scent.  Maybe people who like romance scents might like this in the bedroom, but I am not a romance scent fan and I'm not a bedroom melter.
 
I melted three cubes (about 1 oz.) in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong scent. 

[This was a gift.]

4 comments:

  1. "When I go outside I don't smell sexy men." LOL!!! This had me laughing for sure! But it is true. I think maybe because traditionally colognes have citrus, bergamot, lavender, oak components that sometimes feel outdoorsy. When really a nice fresh air, grass and soil would represent the outdoors better. This does sound nice even if it is a cottage full of a man. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you my sloppy seconds when I send the next book. hehe

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Ick. You make it sound like a generic cologne scent, which I'm not a fan of. It sounds like something that would smell amazing, though! Bummer it didn't turn out so well.
    You don't smell sexy men whenever you go outside?? Sounds like you need to relocate to Sexy Central.... not that I know where that is. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a bad scent, just totally not what I had expected and not my preferred type.

      So Korea doesn't smell like sexy men either? Hmm.

      ~Deb

      Delete