Sunday, February 21, 2016

Melted - Scentsationals / Homemade Root Beer

Homemade Root Beer - 'Fizzy and sweet with a hint of vanilla, this American favorite is perfect for the dog days of summer that need a little extra pop!

This scent was just plain fun.  It really does smell like root beer.  It's a little more sharp than a creamy A&W type root beer.  This makes me think of the root beer barrel hard candies.  I would not want to melt this very often, but for a fun change of pace once in a while, this one made me smile.

I melted two cubes in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong scent.

[This was a gift.]

6 comments:

  1. Yum, my favorite soda! This sounds like a fun once in a while scent, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a Mountain Dew scented tart long ago and it made me chuckle that it really did smell like Dew. I mean, root beer is easily recognizable, but Dew? I drink way too much of it but I never stopped to think what it smells like until that tart. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Savanna and I love Barg's root beer. But I am not sure how I would like it in a tart. I am thinking not. But I love Butterbeer scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, root beer is not a scent I could melt often. I remember having a Butterbeer tart from somewhere but it was too strong on the alcohol note.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Root beer scents are Josh's favorite. Like you, I can't melt them all the time, but I do enjoy them when we get 'em going! The root beer is even better if it's a bit fizzy in the tart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was fun, indeed. It's fun like black licorice. A friend of mine loves that scent and will melt tarts in that all the time. I like it in small spurts, few and far between.

      ~Deb

      Delete