Thursday, February 11, 2016

Melted - Sniff My Tarts / Honey Gingerbread

Honey Gingerbread - 'An appealing mix of ginger, clove, cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg blends with citrus and buttery cake like notes. Sweet vanilla and smooth golden honey balances the finish.'

I kept skipping over this one whenever I was looking for something to melt and I'm feeling like a fool now.  What a nice scent!  It's a lighter bakery, not at all the heavy, spiced gingerbread type I was thinking it would be.  It is still like a gingerbread scent, but it's easier to take, much lighter and a bit sweeter.  There is no super sweet and floral-y note from the honey, like honey scents can sometimes have.  This is cozy, comforting.  I want to eat it.  It makes me think of warm sweet bread, or warm pound cake with sugar and honey drizzled over it.  Oh!  It makes me think of the November cakes in The Scorpio Races!

I melted half of this tart (about 1.4 oz. worth) in my Glade hot plate warmer and had very cozy medium-strong scent.

I would love to have more of this!

7 comments:

  1. Yum! Is the gingerbread note strong enough to make this a fall/winter only scent, or is it light enough that this could pass for an all year scent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could work for a fall/holiday scent but it did not scream that to me. I would probably be okay melting this any time of year.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Whoohoooo! One of my faves!!! And Scorpio Races reference too??? I am in love with this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I figured you would be. Now make me some November Cakes and overnight them to me. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I totally should. Next time I make them I will. Pinky swear.

      Delete
  3. MMmmmmmm, your description is making me hungry for some sweet bread or gingerbread! Yum! Now I wish I had saved the heart I got in this for you, I gave it to my grandma a while back. Be sure to stock up on this next time SMT opens, TAT be damned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to try Dessa's version instead of messing around with SMT.

      ~Deb

      Delete