Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Natters - Feb. 10

The replacement heating element for the oven arrived today.  It's the wrong kind.  I didn't realize when I ordered that some had end plugs that were straight and some curved up.  I ordered the curved one, and we need the straight one.  So I hopped online quick and ordered the other kind.  I'll deal with returning this one later.

I didn't do much today.  Went to the bank, stopped at the post office to get stamps, made a quick run to the grocery store for a few things, and did some laundry.  I finished the puzzle we'd been working on and started another one.  I watched a bit of true crime TV but none of the cases today really interested me.  I ate too much junk food and drank too much soda today, and now I'm feeling all blah and super tired.

The lady at the post office told me sending a box to Korea would cost $72.  I was like, what?!  I reminded her it was to an APO address and she played around on her little scale computer thingie and said it didn't offer any options like that.  I told her I knew that wasn't right and I'd figure it out online.

I've been having no luck with hot cocoa lately either.  I tried two different Starbucks cocoa mixes yesterday and today and hated both.  I tried a French Vanilla pack from a brand I've always liked in the past but I didn't like that one either today.  Yesterday it seemed like everything was tasting 'off' to me, and it seems to be happening today too.  I hope I'm not getting sick or something.

We watched last night's episode of Shannara this evening.  Bummer that the better looking brother is the one who died, but at least the other figured out the king is not really the king.

I'm not quite done with the Evermore book yet.  Damen assured Ever that he's not a vampire though, so I'm really curious now to see where this is all going.  If I don't finish it tonight I'll hopefully be able to finish it at work tomorrow.

Do you do anything fancy or special for Valentine's Day?  We don't.  My thoughts are already jumping ahead to Easter.

Alright, well I'm tired and just rambling, so I'm off to read my non-vampire book before bed.

6 comments:

  1. Ew, $72? I bet the woman wasn't putting in the address correctly. As far as USPS is concerned it's a US package going to a US location. Korea shouldn't factor into it at all.

    I've been having Land O Lakes brand hot cocoa recently. We picked up a bulk multi flavor pack from Sam's Club back in Georgia but never got a chance to open it before getting here. I'm liking the flavors, but the milk here tastes different from milk I'm used to in Texas & Georgia and it's a bit off putting. I hope you're not getting sick!

    Michael works a 24 hour shift on Valentine's day, so I will probably be going on a date with the computer for the day. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Land O Lakes is the other brand I have. I have loved all the flavors in the past, so it was weird that I wasn't liking ANYTHING I tried that day. I bought some regular Swiss Miss packets yesterday, one box plain chocolate and one box 'Caramel Delight,' so we'll see how it goes.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Make sure you are mailing it in a flat rate box. If you use a large flat rate there is a few dollar discount if you mail it to an APO.

    Sorry your cocoa sucks :-/ I will not get that kind be for you again. Hope it is not a cold though. Illness is going around here pretty bad.

    I bought Adam a small gift and have been putting things in the girls' doors and his door of things I love about them. But it is Savanna's birthday so we will mainly be doing that. It is funny, the girls swap Valentines in school and they picked Easter goodies from the Dollar Bin to hand out lol! They must feel like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't do anything Valentine-y. We never really do but it was especially unholidaylike this year. I think we just had too many other little things going on and preoccupying our brains.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. You guys like puzzles? Good to know! Love puzzles! They are a great way to pass the time and a fun activity for the whole family to enjoy or for you to do alone for a couple downtime minutes.

    We don't do anything really Valentines-y usually, but Josh did make a special chicken alfredo dinner that night! It was very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we love puzzles. We go in phases though, addicted to them at time, and other times we go years without touching one. We've done 14 since Christmas. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete