Monday, February 22, 2016

Natters - Feb. 22 / Quickie

Do any of you watch the TV show Superstore?  It's a sitcom about a group of employees at a Walmart type store and it's hysterical.  Well it is to me anyway because it reminds me so much of my own workplace, even though I'm at a fruit juice factory and not a store.  Tonight's episode was especially hysterical because they had a corporate rep come and do an anti-union presentation and it was SO spot on for how our meetings go.  LOL

Anyway, you should all watch that show.

We've had a few days of glorious days with temps near 50.  A lot of the snow is gone.  It really felt like spring.  But no, our temps are falling again and there is talk of a storm coming.  Bleah.

Casey is probably switching to the 12hr night crew.  He will still be doing the same job, just on a different line and on the 12hr crew.  He's sick of the constant overtime and some things going on.  He's thinking he'll get his days off on the 12hr crew.  I'm thinking they'll just keep asking him to come in on his days off.  We'll see.

My mom seems quite certain she'll go ahead and get her other hip replaced soon.  She was hoping for maybe June, but the way she's talking now I think she'll maybe do it as soon as she can.  She said today she needs to call the doctor and see what he says, get the process started again.  I'm not looking forward to going through this again but at least I know what to expect this time.  And *hopefully* she doesn't have the setback of a post-surgery cracked hip this time!

Rosegirls is having another sampler sale this Friday.  Are you ordering?  There is a berry sampler, and a Zen sampler.  I'm hoping to nab a berry one.

Hmm, I think that's it for tonight's quickie randomeness.
Leave a random comment!

8 comments:

  1. I need to check it out but you know I am watch Vikings and for whatever reason I can only do one show at a time. Glad to hear you had some pretty days. Hopefully spring will be there for you full time soon enough.

    I want to try for the zen sampler but I have some other things I want to save for. But we will see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Vikings slow for you? Or because you have to wait till kids aren't around? It took me a few episodes to really start getting into it.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Not at all slow! I just seem to enjoy series better when I can dedicate my viewing to it alone. But yes, since the kids cannot watch I only get to see one episode at a time, unlike Downton where they could watch with me. Though only Scarlette did. Savanna was not interested at all.

      Delete
    3. I don't remember if it was the first or second season but there was some fun online at the time, counting the Baby Goat sightings in the episodes. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Ah... warmer temperatures. I've forgotten what that feels like. I think our highest lately might've been 40 for about two hours.

    Stop reminding me about Rosegirls! I keep checking out the group and drooling over the samplers... but I don't need more wax! I haven't even received any of the several purchases I've made in the past 2 months! >_< Once all of that arrives I'm going to be drowning in wax!

    Hmm... random comment...

    I have 8 books on house plans. Why? Building in video games, of course! UO and Sims, mainly. I love trying to recreate a floor plan within the constraints of a game I'm playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kinda cool about the books. I always get stumped in house design. I used to have hubby build the houses in UO and I'd just decorate. The house I have now (in UO) is just a repeat of one I've had before because I'm just unoriginal. LOL

      I haven't tried Sims too much. My kids bought me the medieval Sims years ago but I couldn't figure it out enough to really get into it.

      Rosegirls! I still have not touched the sampler I already have, and I've since placed an order for bags of chunks AND another sampler. I need to get melting! (I'm trying to work through all the other stuff first...)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. DEB! It's nice to know someone else watches Superstore! What a fantastic show! That union episode was freakin' hilarious!

    Didja nab a RG sampler?

    Here's hoping there are no more huge storms coming your way with snow and sucH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that Gotham is back on, Superstore is gone. I don't know if the season is done, or if it's moved, or if it's just done forever. *cries*

      I did grab another RG sampler. =)

      We've had nice weather for about a week now, like 50s and 60s temps. Here's hoping it really is spring!

      ~Deb

      Delete