Saturday, February 6, 2016

Natters - Feb. 6 / Oven Update

Posting on a work day!  Woohoo!  Yeah, it was a fairly decent day at work so I didn't come home hating the world and wanting to hide away in sleep right away.  I thought I'd go ahead and do a quickly little post.

I found out we don't need to buy a new stove after all.  Far from it!  A coworker had the same thing happen and told me we can order a replacement heating element for under $20, and that it's super simple to just pop the old one out and the new on in.  So I already have one ordered, should be here by Friday.  *phew*

My supervisor and I were talking about movies and TV again today, like we always do.  Jericho and The Tudors came up, and now I'm REALLY wanting to watch The Tudors again.  And the Harry Potter movies.  He couldn't believe I've only seen the later ones once.  I haven't seen the final Twilight one at all yet!  I'm soooo slacking when it comes to movies.  I'm kinda wanting to start my Netflix account again but if I don't even watch things I already have here, why should I start paying to watch other things?

Short and sweet but at least I posted.
I'm off to bed now!

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool about the oven. I think I'd be all worried there's something further wrong and that it would happen again. :s

    I kinda want to watch The Tudors again too. I'm shocked about the later Harry Potters! That means I've seen the last two way more than you, and that's just wrong. We've watched them on TV a bajillion times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not worried. The guy at work described when his heating element broke, and it was exactly like what happened with ours. Replacements are cheap and it looks to be a rather common thing. So nah, I'm not worried.

      There are SO many things I want to watch, yet I just never do it. I'll waste a day watching true crime shows though, no problem.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the oven fix turned out to be pretty cheap! Ovens aren't cheap. At least in my experience they aren't. All I know about are the ones my parents buy. I'm not very good at this whole being an adult thing, okay? :)

    Michael and I are talking about closing our Netflix account down since we've pretty much exhausted all of our viewing options. Even using a VPN and accessing both the US and S. Korean options we've run into a huge wall of what interests us. Now it's just rewatching stuff we know we like. The only new to us content that we watch is Lets Play series on YouTube. Which is (currently) free, so why would we pay for other stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have good enough internet to be able to do Netflix that way instead of the DVD service. But, our internet sucks and we're not willing to get sucked into some two year contract to try one of the satellite internet services only to find it will cut out whenever it rains or something. It's one of the downsides of country living. *sigh*

      ~Deb

      Delete