Thursday, March 3, 2016

Band of Bloggers - Vol. 3 / March 2016


Welcome to the third edition of the Band of Bloggers. March is upon us and visions of spring lull us out of the winter doldrums. This month's topic sprung forth from a conversation with Deb and reading Michelle's blog post recently about Tea & Cakes being a scent trend. 

What scent trends have you noticed or have you fallen into so far this year? What do you predict being some trending scents? Scent trends can be in wax, candles, perfume, and/or body care. 
This is a hard question for me because I really have not been following what's new for vendors, and my chatty in-the-know waxy bloggy friends who used to keep me informed have mostly wandered away.   I don't know if there really IS a current scent trend.  I did notice that several of the *new* scents in the Scentsy catalog feature black plum, so maybe that'll be a trend?  The Tea and Cakes idea is interesting, and I'll have to keep my eye on that.

For me personally, I know the things I used to really love are just not doing it for me lately.  Bakery used to be my thing.  I used to love coffee scents, and warm, cozy foodie scents.  These days I'm just not liking most of what I melt and I keep reaching for brighter, fruitier things.  Maybe it's because most of the things I'm melting at the moment were gifted to me, and not things I'd have chosen myself?  Who knows.  I do know though, that my own personal scent trend is fruity scents.

We would love to hear from you! 

Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs and help support the blogger community!

Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.
Liz, at Furianne
Michelle, at Waxing About.
Sunnee, at Fragrance Obsessed.

8 comments:

  1. Ah. Tears.

    Fruity is more lively and uplifting. Black plum sounds like a scent I can totally get down with that. I may need to place a Scentsy order soon. I normally shy from fruity but it has been on my radar lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tears? Don't cry, Julie.

      I never thought I'd be ordering Scentsy, especially from the woman at work, but she likes to shove the new books at me and Watermelon Mint caught my eye. And then yesterday she was looking at the new scents section and I was curious, so I added one of the black plum ones to my order too. Doh!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Tea & Cakes -- how did I forget about the ever popular T&C? Especially because I happen to love that one!
    I know this waxy bloggy friend has been shying away from wax and smelly good things lately but it only takes one little sale or opening to get me sucked right back in.
    Black plum, huh? I keep thinking of black raspberry so my mind goes straight to sweet on that one. You ordered!? I can't wait to see if it really is sweet. Please let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered Watermelon Mint from Scentsy. I wanted to smell her little sniffer sample of one of the black plum ones first but she went ahead and ordered it, said if I don't like it I don't need to take it. Still can't believe I've ordered Scentsy. Doh!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I've been liking lemon scents more lately! I usually like softer lemons that don't play a large part in whatever blend I'm melting, but I've been wanting those in your face lemons a lot the past few times I've melted.

    I hope you find your way with scents again! It's never fun to look at stuff you know you used to like and wonder why it's not working for you anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having better luck now. I keep going for the sweet, bright types of scents now and that seems to be my thing. Well, at least for spring. lol

      I wonder if there are lemon mint blends out there, and if they're good or gross. Heck, I've probably has some and can't even remember. It all becomes a blur sometimes!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Black plum! I have never heard of that. Have you tried it before? Is it more sweet or sour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure. I haven't smelled these new ones. I've had some other scents with plum in it and have liked them because they're not too sweet.

      ~Deb

      Delete