Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Haul - Rosegirls / Berry Sampler

I seem to be going Rosegirls crazy lately.  I got a sampler in January, ordered a couple bags of chunks during the Feb. 14 sale, and then ordered another sampler on Feb. 26.  AND . . . I'm thinking about placing a mini melters order!  I'm loving the quick TATs on these samplers, and love the fact that you can actually place an order without too much stress.  Well, the Zen samplers did sell out in under two minutes this time but everything else has been pretty easy to get.

February's sampler sale had a choice of Zen samplers or berry samplers.  While their version of Zen is intriguing to me, I didn't want to risk a whole sampler in case I ended up not liking that scent.  So instead, I grabbed a berry sampler.  Just like with the January samplers, it was advertised as a 2 lb. sampler and I once again received 2 lbs. 1 oz. of wax.  There were 12 different scents in my sampler this time.  There were 13 in the January one.  It all just kinda depends on how big the chunks are.  I ordered Friday, Feb. 26, within 10 minutes of the site opening, and received my order on Wednesday, March 2!  That is an amazing TAT for Rosegirls!

I'm not going to bother trying to round up the scent descriptions for this post.  It's quite a mess trying to search multiple sources for a scent description that may or not even be there.  That's one thing I really wish Rosegirls would clean up a bit.  Most people DO want to be able to look up a scent description.
But anyway . . . 

Let's see what I got in this berry sampler!

 Strawberry, Raspberry, Guava, and Lemon Poppyseed Cake
Lemony with a touch of strawberry and a hint of bakery.

Grape Bubblegum and Caribbean Crush (Type)
Hard to describe.  I get the bubblegum note and possibly a bit of grape, but there is an overall candy-like note but with something I can't figure out making it more sophisticated than simple candy.  Is there a hint of musk in this?!

Pina Colada and Cherry Berry Punch
The Cherry Berry far outweighs anything else in here, and that's not surprising since Cherry Berry is very potent.  What tiny bit of Pina Colada might be peeking through just makes it a weird scent.  This is super sweet and fruity, almost effervescent.  I'm not a fan of this one.

Peppermint Strawberry Euphoria
This one, on the other hand, I love!  There is something so delicious about the peppermint scent Rosegirls uses!  There is a nice, soft strawberry note but this is mainly a drool worthy creamy peppermint scent.  This is easily my favorite of the whole sampler.

Love Yourself
I could have sworn I just saw the scent description of this in the past day or two, and now that I desperately need it, I can't find it.  I have no clue what's in this and am afraid to guess, so forgive me if my attempt is far from accurate.  This is creamy, and slightly warm, like maybe marshmallow or heavy vanilla.  There is possibly a hint of coconut and then a slight fruity note that I can't figure out.  I like it, just don't know what's in it.

Pomegranate Cotton Candy Frosting
This one is quite light.  It's a pretty scent, sweet and fun, more of the cotton candy than the pomegranate.

Blackberry Jam, Royal Sugar Cookies, and Birthday Cake
This one is surprisingly light at the moment too.  What I can smell is a very nice vanilla bakery scent.

Fruit Salad and Sex On The Beach
I'm not much of a fan of this one.  It's another super sweet one, a little more fruity than candy-like, but there is still an almost bubbly note to it.  It almost seems like there is peach in this, which is a scent I'm not very fond of.

Strawberries and Cream, and Hey Sugar Type
My very first thought of this was 'Strawberry shortcake next to a glass of 7Up.'  LOL
Is Hey Sugar supposed to be a Hello Sugar dupe?  I know that has lemon in it at least.  I do get a hint of something creamy bakery-ish but there is a lot of sugary sweetness on top of it.

Pink Sugar, Purple Cow, and Whipped Cream
I can tell there is Pink Sugar in here but it's toned down by soft vanilla cream notes.  There is just a touch of grape poking through if you really pay attention.  Nothing really jumps out to wow you on this one.  Maybe when it's warmed it will bloom.

Banana Cream Pie, Pie Crust, and Brown Sugar
Ohhh, this is good.  It reminds me of Bananas Foster or banana caramel muffin scents I've had in the past.  It's warm and delicious and I would gladly take a bag of this.

Wildberry Mousse and Baked Zucchini Bread
Well this scent was doomed before I even brought it to my nose.  I'm not a fan of Wildberry Mousse and I friggen hate zucchini scents.  My waxy friends are probably laughing hysterically at my luck.  lol
Yeah, I can't even describe this except to say the zucchini bread is the stronger note.
*throws it in the box*

That is my berry sampler from the February sale!
See anything you're excited about?
Have you had any of these before?

I'm already looking forward to the next sampler offering, whenever and whatever it may be.


4 comments:

  1. Great TAT by any standards!!! Nice variety of blends. I think Love Yourself was the Gilligan Lemongrass blend but not 100% sure. It sounds lovely. I think the lemon poppyseed and blackberry ones sound the yummiest. Great sampler and I regret missing it. I did try for Zen though. It sold out on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what the next samplers will be. And when! lol I'm hooked, and I haven't even started melting the stuff from the JANUARY sampler yet!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I think just about everything except that ZB and Pina Colada blend sound amazing! Peppermint Strawberry Euphoria in particular.
    Is it bad that I saw the picture of the ZB blend and thought "ew" before I even what scent was in it? Something about that shade of brown just makes me want to flush the chunk down the toilet. LOL

    I've been very impressed with RG's TATs and sales! Like you, I'm looking into picking up some Mini Melters... but I already bought too much wax. >_< I like having the luxury of being able to wait, though. No pressure to order during a once a year opening, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, just seeing that brown had me thinking 'Oh no, ohhhh nooooo...' and sure enough, it was zucchini. LOL

      Peppermint Strawberry Euphoria is sooo good! Mainly because of that creamy peppermint.

      ~Deb

      Delete