Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Haul - Sweet Fixations / Chunk Sampler

I seem to be all about chunk samplers lately, huh?  This one is from Sweet Fixations, a vendor I've been a long time fan of, and have been having an urge to order from again.  When owner Tia posted on Facebook the other day about some ready to ship samplers she'd put together, I barely hesitated.

All of the scent blends were listed in the post, so I knew what I'd be getting.  I received 40.6 ounces of wax in ten different blends, plus three small freebie cubes.  After the cost of shipping is taken out, this was $1.01 per ounce.  Not bad at all.  The chunks are large, ranging from 3.8 to 4.6 ounces.  They are flatter than usual chunks from other vendors, but are very pretty with fine glitter on them.  They sampler came in a padded envelope stuffed into another padded envelope.  The chunks came in cello (?) bags, tied with cute ribbons.  Some of the chunks were broken, and the bags seem to tear easily while handling.  Neither is a huge deal, but I don't know if she's looking for any kind of feedback or not so I thought I'd go ahead and mention that.

I ordered on Saturday afternoon, March 19, and received my package lightning fast, on Wednesday, March 23.

So let's take a look at these blends!
All of the scents are quite light right now.  I'll do my best on brief cold sniff descriptions.

Waffle Cone, Sugar Cookie, and Hello Sugar OP
Waffle Cone- A true, fresh sugar waffle cone.
Sugar Cookie - Warm, crisp, vanilla cookie
Hello Sugar - Lemons topped with sweet sugar crystals and berries. Similar to BBW.
 
I'm getting a nice soft lemon bakery. 
 
Rock Candy, Bubblegum, and Grape Soda OP
Rock Candy - [no scent description]
Bubblegum- Sweet, juicy pink bubblegum.
Grape Soda- Sweet fizzy grape soda pop. 
 
 Sort of like grape bubblegum. I don't get any of the fizz at this point, and it's not super candy-sweet like I thought it would be.

Eucalyptus & Mint, Lemon Curd Noel, Sinus Relief, and Marshmallow OP
Eucalyptus and Spearmint - Invigorating eucalyptus and spearmint with lemon, lavender and sage.
Lemon Curd- Sweet fresh vanilla lemon, creamy and tart.
Sinus Relief- Smells like Vick's vapor rub. Cool, crisp mint fragrance.
 
This one will be interesting!  It's sort of a moist mint spa type scent from what I can tell on cold sniff.
 
 
Salt Water Taffy, Sherbet, and Lollipop Candies OP
Salt Water Taffy - Sweet and sugary taffy
Rainbow Sherbet- Yummy, creamy frozen treat with pineapple, berries, lemon, oranges and more.
Lollipop - Sugary hand candy lollipop, tart and juicy.

 
I think the sherbet is coming through most, sweet and fruity.

Marshmallow, Cotton Candy, and Orange Cream OP
Cotton Candy Marshmallow (SF Blend)- Sugary cotton candy and fluffy marshmallow.
Orange Cream - [no scent description]

A lot of marshmallow creaminess in this one.

Peach, Cotton Candy, and Watermelon OP

I'm not a big fan of peach and there is a pretty healthy dose of it coming through.  I'm getting some watermelon too though, so hopefully it works out in the end.

Blonde Moment, Strawberry Sherbet, and Fizzy Pop OP
Blonde Moment- Sugary raspberry, cranberries, and iced sweet champagne.
Fizzy Pop- Bubbly soda pop with top notes of lemon-lime and orange.
 
I'm not a fan of Blonde Moment either, because of the champagne and fizz.  This is like a sweet drink, not much fizz on cold sniff.  Hopefully it stays that way.
 
 
Blueberry Cheesecake Frosting and Berry Pancakes OP
Blueberry Cheesecake- Vanilla cheesecake and blueberries.
Pancakes and Berries- Buttermilk pancakes with sweet berries.
 
Doesn't this one look like it should be a cool, wintery mint blend?  Hehe, anyway, I do get a hint of blueberry but I think frosting is the strongest note on cold sniff.
 
Mac Apple, Sherbet Noel, and Pink Sugar OP
Mac Apple- Juicy sweet apple with fresh, clean notes.
Rainbow Sherbet- Yummy, creamy frozen treat with pineapple, berries, lemon, oranges and more.
Pink Sugar- Cotton candy, vanilla and caramel with a slight musky bottom note.
 
 Mainly getting the Pink Sugar right now, with just teeny hints of apple.

Zucchini French Toast, and Pound Cake OP 

Uh, yeah.  You know how I feel about zucpukey.  I even gambled and asked if she could replace this with anything else.  I understood when she said no.  If she did it for one, she'd have to do it for all.  She did tell me she's not a zucchini fan either and that it was really toned down in this blend.  Not to my nose, it's not.  Ugh.  This is what I smelled when I opened the package, while I took pics, and all the while I've had the chunks on my desk to do this post.  I do get some of the French toast notes and some bakery from the cake but even that little bit of zucchini kills it for me.  And why did this one have to be the biggest chunk?  LOL  Yeah, this will need to find a new home.
 
Mystery Overpour
I also received three small freebies in my sampler.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I really don't like the whole 'mystery tart' thing that more vendors seem to be doing now.  It might be fun to try and figure out what's in them but what's the point?  You'll probably never know, and even if you like it, you'll never know what it was to be able to order it or try to recreate it.  But oh well, I'm going to give these a sniff and see if I can tell what they might be.

The purple one is bakery, sort of salty, not fruity or sweet.
The pink one might have apple and VBN in it.
The yellow one is lemon bakery.
 
And that's my Sweet Fixations chunk sampler!
I'm going to let these sit for a while, let the scents separate and settle after shipment.  I hope they get stronger, or bloom more while melting.  I'm a bit worried by how light they seem right now.  Regardless how these turn out though, I'm looking forward to placing more orders from Sweet Fixations.

Are you a Sweet Fixations fan?
See anything in this sampler that sounds interesting to you?

6 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've tried any sweet fixations! I've never tried anything besides her scent shots, so it's interesting to see some of the other products she offers. I do like what I've tried, though :)

    The Eucalyptus & Mint blend sounds interesting. I hope it turns out well for you. Rock Candy, Bubblegum, and Grape Soda is another one that I might like if the fizz isn't very noticeable. That price per ounce isn't bad, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Fixations used to be my absolute favorite vendor. I'd planned on working my through every one of her scents and shapes. Then I got sucked into trying other vendors, and when I came back around to SF she was gone for a while. She's back now, and I'm hoping to spend lots of money there. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Wow, awesome sampler! I didn't know SF was back to making stuff, let alone a chunk sampler!

    Eucalyptus & Mint, Lemon Curd Noel, Sinus Relief, and Marshmallow OP!? That sounds so weirdly good. You will have to melt this soon and tell us how it is! Mac Apple, Sherbet Noel, and Pink Sugar OP, ohhh yes!

    I have to agree with you about mystery chunks and wax. It drives me nuts when I can't place scents and without a description, but then again, they are freebies! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been back for a while now. I know I bought fall and winter scents from her. Looking forward to revisiting all my old favorite scents from her.

      Mystery tarts are free, true, but what purpose do they serve? I think I'd rather be trying to pull people in with teasers of other scents instead of 'Here's my leftover mix that no one will ever be able to order anyway.' Perhaps that's ungrateful of me. *shrugs*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Surprising that the Blonde Moment/Fizzy Pop chunk isn't very fizzy on cold. You'd think between those two scents it would off the charts bubbly. Hope these cure well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! Then I had to stop and wonder if I was remembering Blonde Moment wrong. But no, you've had the same thought.

      Can't wait to start melting these!

      ~Deb

      Delete