Sunday, March 13, 2016

Melted - Scentsationals / Pink Velvet

Pink Velvet - 'This sweet and fun fragrance mingles sugared lemon, apple and pineapple into a sweet heart of tropical punch and red currant. Sugar cane and vanilla bean in the base deliver a captivating finish.'
 
 I really liked this one, but it was just too light.  While it mainly strikes you as a sugary vanilla scent, just a touch of warmth and hint of implied bakery, if you really pay attention you find it's a sweet, fun scent.  The fruits in the description combine nicely, with pineapple being the only one I could actually pick out of the mix, but with a punch vibe overall.  Imagine punch and cookies.

I melted two cubes (about .8 oz. worth) in my tea light warmer and had light scent.  Every once in a while I'd get a glorious stronger scent, but in general it was a very light, subtle background scent and that's a bummer.

4 comments:

  1. I had this in my hands at Walmart today and almost bought it. But I put it back. Sorry it was a bit light. That is a bummer because it smells yummy on cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way it smells on cold is about the same as it is warmed. Not much change with this one. I'm going to try again with this, maybe in the Glade warmer and see if there is a difference. (Doubt it.)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I still haven't been able to find this one. I'll look again tomorrow. Bummer that it was light for you; I hope it is stronger for me as I find the majority of Scentsationals tarts to have excellent throw. This sounds like such a nice scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Scentsationals is usually wonderfully strong for me. It's only once in a while when I come across a lighter one.

      Let me know if you'd like me to grab one for you. I still see this in my store.

      ~Deb

      Delete