Friday, March 18, 2016

Natters - Mar. 18


HELLO!

I took a break because I put myself in a very awkward place.  Because of that Flare magazine article, and a discussion about that with a Scream Queens fan at work, someone I work with now knows about my blog.  While I don't think there is anything wrong or incriminating here in my ancient and quirky blog, it's just incredibly awkward to know that someone I face day to day in my real life is now seeing it all.  We had a good laugh about it, with him guessing "Are you a crazy candle blogger?!?!?!?!"

Yes, I am.

But that's not even the really awkward part.  It's the Natters that had me all embarrassed.  Suddenly it seemed incredibly stupid to talk about what I bought at Dollar Tree, or show a pic of the new stickers I bought at Walmart.  What's perfectly normal to us in this haul blogging community is bizarre and dorky to someone on the outside looking in, and now I'm all self conscious about doing it.  The urge to do it is still there, and I've been accumulating some things I normally would have shared by now, but every time I come here to post I think about it from that outsider's point of view and I chicken out.

So I took an unplanned break, trying to figure out if I'd get my blogger balls back, like maybe if I waited long enough he'd get bored and move on.  I'm pretty sure he'll be reading this though, so maybe the better approach is to dive back into it so he gets bored with the random weirdness even faster than the boredom of waiting for me to post.  lol

We shall see.

4 comments:

  1. The good thing about bloggers though is that we keep our weirdness under ground apart from our daily acquaintances. So I do see your apprehension when someone under covers the weird. Though.... let's wave our freak flags. We like wax. We like washi tape. We like the Dollar Bin. Not so bad. Glad you're back. I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm hoping to get back at it now, but not making any promises. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I got apprehensive about what I posted back in January because my Mom asked me to share my blog link with her so she wouldn't have to ask me about my adventures in Korea. She stopped reading after a few weeks so I still have to tell her all of my adventures anyway. Sigh.
    Like Julie said, let's wave our freak flags! I missed your Natters posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least that was you mom. She knows you. LOL It's freakin' awkward when someone knows the 'work you' and now is peeking into your 'home you' world. Although he hasn't mentioned it, I suspect he's still lurking..... Get those freak flags waving, ladies!

      ~Deb

      Delete