Thursday, April 7, 2016

Band of Bloggers - Vol. 4 / April 2016

 
April is upon us! The birds have returned, the Northern Hemisphere has warmed up, the plant life is blooming, and the Band of Bloggers are gearing up for another monthly post. Feel free to join us in this conversation by commenting below!

What product have you tried that has surprised you with its performance? It can be anything that comes to mind.
 Wow, tough question!  My answer is probably boring but I just can't think of anything.
After struggling with lacking performance from a popular vendor's wax, I plopped two cubes of cheap Kmart wax into my tea light warmer and was absolutely wowed by the results.  The Caramel Cream wax that I'd mentioned recently was immediately strong in the room and soon enough carried throughout the house.  When I went to bed that night, many hours after the wax had cooled for the day, I could still detect hints of the scent all the way upstairs.  THAT is the kind of wax performance that I love.

---------------------------------------------------

Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs
and help support the blogger community!

Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.
Liz, at Furianne
Sunnee, at Fragrance Obsessed.

8 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a great throwing tart! Especially if it is in a scent you actually like. Usually it's the stinkers that manage to throw well lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I've wondered if the ones we don't like are really stronger or if we just notice them more because they bother us? Like zucchini, which always seems SOOOO strong to me.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Nothing boring about Kmart wax! You get the added bonus of being able to smell before you buy so you have a much better idea of whether you'll like the scent or not! It's a super plus that it happened in a scent you like, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the biggest reasons I like buying retail wax, because I can smell it first.

      I might be back at Kmart today with my mom. If so, I'm probably grabbing a few more packs in whatever other scents look good. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Your earlier post about the Caramel Cream scent lured me over to the Kmart near my workplace. I hadn't been in there in several years. Wow, I can see how Martha S. fled the premeses! Anyway, I'm melting 6 Kmart wax melts right now including Caramel Cream. It is 100% as you'd described, a super-throwing creamy coffee fragrance. Well worth seeking out if you're near one of these nearly-extinct stores.

      Delete
    3. What other scents did you get?

      This Kmart that I go to is still a fairly decent store. It's the only major place for shopping in the town that it's in. I just don't prefer that town, so I don't go there much.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Go Kmart wax. It embarrasses me when wax fans become wax snobs. Mass produced wax is good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the people who turn their noses up at Walmart or Kmart wax just because it's Walmart or Kmart irk me to know end. I know a few people who do exactly that.

      You're limited in scents but they're quite reliably strong!

      ~Deb

      Delete