Thursday, April 14, 2016

Haul - Rosegirls / Feb. Chunk Sale

I finally received me small order from the Rosegirls chunk sale back on February 14.  I'd only ordered two bags because this was right in the middle of my short lived sampler phase.  The Feb. 14 opening was limited,  featuring 15 (I think) blends to choose from.  The 8 oz. bags were $10 each.  I placed my order on Sunday, Feb. 14 and received it Tuesday, Apr. 12.  A two month TAT is good for Rosegirls, but still long for this impatient girl.  Shipping was $6.42 and these arrived in a padded priority mailer.

Black Cherry Custard - 'Black cherry and vanilla custard.'
This is so yummy!  It's sort of a candy-like cherry, like Lifesavers or something, but the thick vanilla creaminess tones it down and warms it up a bit.

Coconut Caramel Pears - [no scent description]
I'm not quite sure what I expected this one to be like.  It's quite yummy but something about it caught me off guard.  I think it's the slight salty, or bitter note that's probably coming from the caramel.  Hubby thought it was a coffee-type note.  It's not overpowering, but it's there.  Besides that, there is sweetness and creaminess but on cold sniff I don't really get distinct coconut or pear.  This will be really interesting to melt.

That is my tiny little Rosegirls order.  I will probably set these aside for a while.  I was having problems with too many light scents in my samplers.  Others have mentioned the older RG wax is, the better.  And I seem to remember having that experience myself, so yep, these will get shoved to the back of the stash cupboard for a while.

Have your ordered from Rosegirls recently?


4 comments:

  1. I like how Jenny puts them in a zip top bag now, but I missed the nostalgia of the bakery bags lol! Though I always ended up breaking the tabs from opening and closing them so much. Looking forward to your melted reviews after a nice long cure time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the bakery bags too! I wonder how it looks in the store now with these bags. It used to look so cute with the bakery bags all lined up.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I pulled out an old bakery bag of Jenny's the other day and got hit with some major nostalgia. It didn't help that this particular bag was from one of her last openings before the wax world went absolutely gaga over RG and their TAT shot through the roof.

    I hope letting the wax cure will give you the results you want! Black Cherry Custard sounds yummy. I hope your pear blend isn't too bitter on the caramel. I remember you mentioned having issues with caramels lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They smell so sooo good on cold that I'm anxious to melt them. As always though, trying to work through some other stuff in my stash first. lol

      I don't think I've ever known RG when the TAT wasn't insane. I'm late to that party. I think the only reason I bother is because they're local to me.

      ~Deb

      Delete