Thursday, May 5, 2016

Band of Bloggers - Vol. 5 / May 2016


You know what they say, April showers and all that jazz! Happy May, and welcome to the Band of Bloggers! We hope this post finds you well, and we hope the first half of your 2016 has been treating you right. Please join us in this month's conversation below.  We love hearing feedback from our readers!

I don't know about the rest of you, but where I live, it's warm almost all the time. We barely have a fall season, and it hardly ever rains. I hate the heat, so in essence, I am forced to live with something I don't particularly like! 

My Band Of Bloggers question for May is: if you had to choose 1 or 2 scents you absolutely dread and you had to melt and smell them only for the rest of your life, what would they be and why? And also, why do you dislike them in the first place?
This could almost be a rephrasing of the question 'What scent do you hate the most?' but I'm not going to answer it quite that way because there is no way I'd melt the scent I hate the most.  Soooooo, I would have to answer this question with . . . lavender.  I don't hate lavender scents, but I also don't freely choose to melt them because I just don't care for them.  I'm not even sure why.  Back when I was still making soap, lavender scented soaps always reminded me of old lady bathrooms or bedrooms.  Now that I'm more evolved in my scent skills, lavender just seems bleah to me.  At times it seems lacking, like it can't make up its mind if it wants to be sweet or floral or herbal.  I don't know, it's just a boring 'incomplete' scent to me.

---------------------------------------------------

Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs
and help support the blogger community!

Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.
Liz, at Furianne
Michelle, at Waxing About.
Sunnee, at Fragrance Obsessed.

4 comments:

  1. But but Rosegirls lavender? It knows it's sweet! Right? Doncha like their sweet lavender, a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Rosegirls lavender?! Theirs isn't quite an all out assault on the senses as some other lavenders!!! I totally agree about "old lady" smelling lavender, though, I remember my great grandma had a soap in her bathroom that smelled exactly like what you're describing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some lavender! If I could smell lavender or mint in my home the rest of my days I would be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of you when I melt some lavender blends because I know how much you dislike it. It's funny that one of the things you dislike the most is what I find so awesome about it - how versatile (or indecisive ;) LOL) it is. I do have to agree with you when it comes to melting straight lavender. I like mine better in blends.

    ReplyDelete