Friday, May 27, 2016

Haul - Two Wax Quickies

I always browse the wax aisle at Walmart to see if anything new has popped up.  I've seen Apple Bobbin' (from Scentsationals) before and am by no means ready to start fall scents but for some reason I stopped and gave it a sniff.  Oh my gosh, it immediately sent my mind into fall mode.  The vague description on the Scentsationals site only says 'Fresh, crispy apples,' but I don't know . . . it seems like there might be something else in here.  It's more like a Macintosh apple than a green apple, and I would almost swear there is a hint of caramel in there.  I decided to go ahead and grab it now because I'm sure when fall rolls around I won't be able to find it.  lol

My sister sent me some coupons recently and one of them was for any product in this new The Healing Garden line.  I had noticed this at Walmart recently and was curious.  It's actually a bath and body products line, I think from the same company as Bodycology.  Anyway, I think she thought I'd want the coupon for the lotion but when I noticed a candle in the picture on the coupon I was like "Whaaaaat?"  So yeah, when I was shopping this morning I stopped to check this line and sure enough, there were candles.  If you know me by now you're going to laugh when you notice what scent I chose.

White Lavender.

Yes, I chose lavender.  I don't know what it is about this 'white lavender' but I *really* like it!  There were only three other scents.  One was orange blossom something or other, one was a eucalyptus and mint blend, and one was something with coconut milk.  I almost got that last one because I was in denial that I actually wanted lavender.  But this is really nice, sweet lavender.  It does not have that 'grandma's bathroom' vibe to it.  I mean, I can still tell it's lavender but wow, it's sweet and I like it.

There are two 3.8 oz. candles in each pack and the pack costs $5.92.

Have you seen this new Healing Garden line?
Are you laughing at me for choosing lavender?
What wax goodies have you bought recently?

6 comments:

  1. That candle sounds lovely! Was this line in the bath and body or wax area of your Walmart? I must look for it! I hope you enjoy it; sounds very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in the bath and body aisle.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Lavender?!?! You goose! Now I have to track it down and see what on earth it smells like so I know what a good lavender for you smells like :-) Very much like you, I am ready for fall scents. The apples, the pumpkins, the cinnamons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a nice little candle so far. Have you found it yet, to sniff?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. You chose lavender?! I DID laugh at you! I don't think I know what white lavender smells like off the top of my head, so like Julie I'm going to have to search for it.
    I finally organized some of my wax stash again and spent longer than I should have sniffing at my fall stash. I want it to be fall again. Our electricity bill keeps rising... and we're big babies about it getting hot out... And it's not even the hottest part of the year T__T

    This may come as a surprise to you (:P) but I have not seen this new Healing Garden line. I think it has something to do with me being in SK, though. I'm sorry, I'm in a playful mood. I think it's showing.

    I finally submitted my customs order to Glitterati! That's the only waxy purchase I'm waiting on nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I placed an order from a new-to-me vendor a few days ago and had a very hard time NOT picking all the yummy fall scents! lol

      The 'white' part of this White Lavender must be full of non-lavender goodies. It's such a sweet, almost creamy lavender scent.

      ~Deb

      Delete