Thursday, June 2, 2016

Band of Bloggers - Vol. 6 / June 2016


Welcome to the June edition of the Band of Bloggers!
We hope you have been enjoying this little monthly conversations of ours, as much as we enjoy having them. As always, we hope you will join in this month and chat with us.

I can't quite believe that we are officially at the half-way mark of 2016. I don't know about you but the past two months felt especially whirl-windy to me. In Singapore, June is the month to slow down and relax. All the schools are out and you can almost feel the country heave a collective sigh of relief. What are your summer plans, are you doing anywhere fun with family and friends? I am looking ahead to a month of packed weekends! A good friend of mine is getting married in early July and I am going to be a bridesmaid for the first time! We just did the dress fittings and we are getting deep into the final details for the big day!

Of course, with all the rushing around and the summer heat, hydration is going to be key to keeping healthy and glowing. I drink eight glasses of water on a regular basis (keeping a huge bottle on my desk helps) and my favourite drink is an ice(cold) lemon tea! Not surprisingly, I love tea-related scents as well. I find tea scents are such a subtle way to keep the room smelling fresh and feeling cool (does that make sense?).

And so with all that rambling, my question to you is what are your favourite drinks and drink scents? Do they correspond like mine?
Mountain Dew is my absolute favorite drink, and I drink way too much of it.  We jokingly call it Elixir of Life in this house.  I also love water but just don't drink enough of it.  It's the convenience thing of just grabbing a can of Dew from the fridge . . . *sigh*

As for drink scents, I don't really lean towards drink scents in home fragrance.  I guess I do like certain tea scents, especially Fruit Tea from the now defunct Melting Fairy, and a good creamy chai scent.
---------------------------------------------------

Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs
and help support the blogger community!

Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.
Liz, at Furianne
Michelle, at Waxing About.

6 comments:

  1. Lol! The elixir of energy too! My Dad used to be a huge Mountain Dew fan but would get the Walmart brand, Mountain Lightening or something. Chai!!! I forgot all about chai. Love a chai scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, we've had the fake Mountain Dew. They're okay but we're true Dew loyalists these days. When it became apparent that quitting soda is about has hard as quitting smoking, we at least switched to caffeine-free. lol

      I want some chai scents now. I'll have to look around and see who has what.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I like Mountain Dew too! It's one of the soft drinks that don't have much of a rep here but I order it a lot at KFC (because it's on tap there.) You know, I haven't had a chai scent in wax, I am going to have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were in Germany many years ago, we looked EVERYWHERE for Mountain Dew and couldn't find any. It was pretty funny, our quest to find it. We ended up with a ridiculously over-priced imitation that we found in a 'Taste of America' section of one store.

      Our quest also enlightened us to hemp soda, which (back then) we were shocked to see on store shelves. And we also noticed orange-root beer flavored soda was big there, and we'd never heard of such a blend!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Chai! Excellent choice! When chai is done well in wax, oh boy, so good! I've never been a fan of Mountain Dew, but then again, I haven't had one in a long time, I might need to try one again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a root beer girl, which is on the other end of the soda spectrum from Mt. Dew. I like root beer but can only drink it now and then because, to me, it's so 'thick' and rich.

      ~Deb

      Delete