Friday, June 24, 2016

Haul - Sweet Fixations / Fall & Winter Scents

The second of my recent Fall/Winter Must-Haves orders is from Sweet Fixations, and it has arrived.  Sweet Fixations is probably my favorite vendor.  She's had some ups and downs over the past year or two but things seem to be smoothing out and getting back on track now.  Good thing too, because she has my main *must-haves* for fall!  Nothing in this order is new.  I was only after the ones I knew I loved.

Let's take a look!

Cranberry Cobbler - 'Sweet and sour red cranberries baked in sugar and lightly browned pie crust.'
This became a favorite after it was included as a freebie in one of my orders a few years ago.  It's a sweeter cranberry note, not spiced like I prefer, but the syrupy sugar and the soft bakery notes keep it from being the perfumey type of cranberry that I can't stand.  This is a good choice for those who aren't sure where they stand on cranberry scents.
 
Sweet Potato Pie - 'The delicious aroma of candied yams, melted marshmallows, sugar and spice on a buttery crunchy crust.'
Ah yes, one of those absolute must-haves I mentioned.  I've been getting this one for years now.  This is a tangy sort of sweet, reminding me of pumpkin pie filling straight out of the can.  Funny, I know, since this is not pumpkin.  There is a bit of warmth from the buttery bakery notes.  The spice is soft, more of a warming effect.  Some people find this type of scent to be too rich or savory.  Even I can't do too much of it, but for right around Thanksgiving, I love this one.

Trick Or Treat - 'Great Halloween scent of pumpkin, apples, berries, orange and cinnamon. With notes of sugar cane and vanilla.'
I wasn't always a fan of this one.  It sort of grew on my the past couple years though.  I think I've described it as that smell of all the candy mixed together in a plastic trick-or-treat pumpkin.  Having said that, it's *not* a super sweet candy scent.  It's actually rather warm with the cinnamon and vanilla.  The pumpkin and the fruits blend together seamlessly to create an interestingly fun sweetness.  I usually melt this one in October but not necessarily right at Halloween.  It's not as rich and heavy as other pumpkin scents so this one is fine for earlier in fall.
 
Apple Harvest - 'Apple mixed with fruity notes and touches of spice.'
 I loooove apple scents for late summer into early fall.  This has just enough spice to keep it from being a straight up bright and juicy apple, which makes it so perfect for the earlier days of the fall melting season.

Bobbing For Apples - 'Crunchy toffee chips and apples dripping with buttery caramel.'
 Another of my absolute must-haves, this is such a delicious caramel apple scent.  Although the juicy apple notes are there, I think the caramel is just a wee tiny hair stronger.  Oh, this is just so gooey and sweet and delicious!

Haunted House - '(SF Blend)- Hauntingly good blend of pumpkin pie and snickerdoodle cookies.'
 Actually, I kinda lied.  This one was a new scent last year and I did try it but couldn't remember anything about it so I decided to get it again.  I quite like it on cold sniff!  There are warm bakery notes from the cookie part but that sort of fresh pumpkin tang note is there too.  If it performs well this might indeed make it onto my must-haves list.  (And look at that black wax.  Remember a year or so ago when a mega popular vendor said there was no black wax?)

Pumpkin Souffle - 'Butter, sugar, spices, vanilla cream and pumpkin.'
The other of my absolute must-haves for many years now!  So sooo good for right around Thanksgiving.  This is warmer and creamier than Sweet Potato Pie, and without that tang.  The actual pumpkin note is mild in here but the scent as a whole is just so buttery and warm and cozy.  This is like Thanksgiving morning when all the more savory dishes are being prepared.  Must-have!

Pumpkin Patch - 'Sweet and creamy pumpkin pie with butter, pecans, and a hint of spice.'
 Mmmm, another yummy Thanksgiving scent.  This one is a little brighter, not quite as rich and savory as the other pumpkin and sweet potato scents.  The spice is soft, warming.  The pumpkin has a touch of the fresh tang note to it.  And then it's all wrapped up in some buttery bakery notes.  Actually, cold sniffing these right now, I think this one might move up the favorites list a bit more this year.  At the moment, I prefer the slightly lighter and brighter scent of this to the heaviness of the others.  That could change later though, as our days grow shorter and colder in fall.

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - 'Sweet pumpkin, maple syrup, and buttery crunchy pecans.'
Sunnee got me hooked on this scent in general a couple years ago, so when I saw Sweet Fixations add it I knew I'd be a fan.  I'm sure everyone is familiar with this scent by now.  It's deep and rich and creamy and cozy, with the pumpkin taking a quiet back seat to the pecan waffley goodness.  This doesn't really strike me as a fall scent when sniffed but the fact that there is pumpkin involved has me reserving it for that most wonderful time of year.

Cozy Home - 'Housewarming spices with slices of juicy apples. Perfect for fall!'
A wonderful early to mid fall scent with those apples and spices, an almost cidery type of scent but very deep and full.

Gingerbread - 'Richly spiced gingerbread, nutmeg, and clove with just the right hint of sweetness.'
 Last year my taste in gingerbread scents swung to the sweeter side instead of the darker side that I had liked before.  According to my notes, this was a sweeter one so I grabbed it.  On cold sniff right now, it seems more medium.  I detect more of the darkness, the heavy molasses, but it's not as spicy as the ones that turned me off last year.  Can't wait till December to see what I think of it this year!

Sugar & Spice - 'A sweet, strong cinnamon mixed with holiday fruits and spice.'
I always overlook this one when I'm initially making my list of fall/winter scents.  Then when I go back through old notes and posts, this one pops up.  It's mainly a cinnamon scent, leaning towards the craft store at Christmas type 'generic holiday blend,' but I must like something about it each year.  lol

Spiked Eggnog - 'A yummy holiday drink with vanilla, rum, and nutmeg!'
 I *need* an eggnog scent during the Christmas season and this is probably my favorite out of all I've tried.  It has everything you probably think of in an eggnog scent, rich and creamy with that sort of 'sour' note, but what seals the deal for me is that hint of rum.  For some reason, rum just 'makes' the eggnog scent complete for me.

Butterscotch Eggnog - '(SF Blend)- Buttery butterscotch and creamy holiday eggnog.'
This one is newer to me.  I still prefer the spiked one but this is like that perfect eggnog scent with just a touch more sweetness and a smidge less of that tell-tale 'sour' note.
 
Candy Cane - 'Sweet cool mint candy. Great holiday scent.'
Of course, you gotta have candy canes at Christmas.  A good vanilla-mint scent is my *favorite* scent for the Christmas season.  I used to love Jack Frost but last year I found I preferred this more.  While this is pretty much just a nice peppermint scent, there is a bit of sugar and/or vanilla softening those crisp edges just a bit.  Love it!
 
 That is it for what I actually ordered.  As always, a couple extras were included with my order.

Thank you, Tia!

All Hallows Eve - 'Spicy mulled grapefruit with a citrus orange note, and a sweet cinnamon vanilla twist.'
I'm pretty sure I've tried this a couple times and just never cared for it much.  I'm not sure what it is, maybe the grapefruit?  Right now on cold sniff if seems okay, like a softly spiced citrus but somehow smooth.  It's interesting.  Not sure if I'll keep it or pass it on to someone else.
 
 
Raspberry Macaroon - 'Toasted coconut, caramelized sugar, and raspberry.'
Pretty sure I've had this one too, a couple times.  I do like this scent.  It reminds me somewhat of red Zingers snack cakes but without the creamy filling note.  Oh!  Or those hard candies at Christmas!  This is a fun any time scent and I'm happy to have it again.

Sweet Fixations scent shots are $1.75 each.  All of mine were at least 1.6 oz. and all are decorated with glitter or sprinkles or something festive.  The freebie scalloped tarts were 1.0 oz. each.

I placed my order on Wednesday, June 15, and received it on Friday, June 24.  You know I love fast TATs!  Shipping is charged separately, when the order is ready to ship.  Shipping for this order was $7.00.  Everything came packed in a padded priority envelope inside another padded priority envelope.

Are you a Sweet Fixations fan?
Did you see anything in this post you might ordering?
What are some of your fall and winter must-haves?
 




4 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I keep making a list. I cannot wait to order. Cozy Home I remember loving. I love her stickers and decoration. So glad she is making the labels cute again. I must have apples, pumpkins, spice and more spice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered. Lots of copies from yours. Excited!

      Delete
    2. Yay! Can't wait to see your haul. I'm kinda wishing I'd ordered more, maybe duplicates of some, but then I look at how many fall/winter scents I already have piling up.... lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
    3. Yeah but it is the only time of year you get really excited about melting and smell goods. Enjoy it <3 It lends some small happiness. And whatever you don't use you can gift or carry over. Spread the waxy love. Send one to Scentsy lady and let her know what she is missing.

      Delete