Saturday, June 18, 2016

Melted - Wood Wick / Lemon

Lemon - 'Zesty lemon mixes with a blend of sparkling citrus and green notes for a clean, true-to-life lemon fragrance.'

I bought this back in April at a local garden and gift store, and am just now getting around to melting it.  I admit I didn't have high hopes because so many different waxes have been duds for me lately but I was pleasantly surprised!  This particular lemon scent was not my preferred type of lemon.  This was on the sharper, more tart side of things.  It seemed a little 'thin,' not like a deep lemon.  It was still a nice enough scent though, very bright and happy.

I melted two cubes (about 1.2 oz. worth) in my Glade warmer and was so relieved to have decent medium-strong scent.  Long lasting too!  I had the warmer on all day, finally shut it off after about nine hours and the scent had barely faded.

This brand is quite pricey.  I paid $4.99 for this 3.6 oz. clamshell.  I see on their website they are $5.50.  I would not buy these often, and the scent list is extremely limited anyway, but it's nice to know that on the rare occasions I do get to that local garden and gift shop these tarts will perform well if I decide to treat myself.

4 comments:

  1. That is pricey. I notice a lot of clamshells on Etsy are in the $5-$6 range and it boggles my mind. I melted a Woodwick Toasted Marshmallow and it was nice. Glad to hear this one was too. Sounds like a good scent for this time of year. Perk things up a bit during the summer doldrums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pumpkin scented wooden wick candle several years ago that I think might have been this brand. It was my first ever wooden wick candle and we enjoyed it.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Eek. That price caught my eye as well. I'm stuck with online-only wax while here. Even though I've found some tealight warmers and candles in stores here, I have yet to find any tarts.
    Like Julie said, good scent for this time of year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Liz, it's up to you to get those folks over there hooked on tarts before you leave. Now that you're fluent in the language (hehe) you must ask in every shop that has candles, why they don't have melts. Get on it!

      ~Deb

      Delete