Saturday, June 25, 2016

Natters - June 25 / A Better Day


I forgot to mention something in last night's post.  I got snail mail yesterday!  I got an old fashioned hand written letter on cute stationery with a matching envelope!  There was no package, no holiday or event, no reason besides friendship.  And I freakin' loved it!!!

Thank you so much!

Today was a work day and it was hot.  It was 88 degrees when I left work at 7pm.  There is a nice breeze though and the humidity isn't too horrible, so I'll survive.  Work is usually mellow on the weekends because *usually* not all lines are running.  Today though, four of our five lines were running so it seemed like just a normal day.  There were some crabby moments when lazy people refuse to listen, and it didn't help that my least favorite supervisor was our boss today, but again, I survived.  Came home to a quiet house since Casey is sleeping and hubby has gone fishing with a friend.  This gave me a chance to sit in peace and eat my junk food supper and whip up this quickie post.

And now I will go sit in front of the fan and look through the new LTD Commodities catalog that came in the mail today, and then go to bed.

Hope your Saturday was lovely!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a better day! Yay for the letter, junk food supper, and cute chipmunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a Thirteen-lined Ground Squirrel, and not a chipmunk at all. We still call them chipmunks sometimes though just because it's easier.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Hello Mr. Chipmunk!! I hope I see one in Ohio. He is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!!! I placed a Dessa's order <3

      Delete
    2. It's actually a Thirteen-lined Ground Squirrel. They're not as cute as real chipmunks.

      Can't wait to see your Dessa's haul!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    3. What?! What a crazy name for a squirrel! But he is still pretty cute. Maybe not as mean as the ol' chipmunk gang?

      Delete
    4. These buggers are very mean! I've seen them kill small birds, attack each other, and lately they've been bullying the babies that are starting to come out of the burrows. I've considered getting rid of my bird feeders just to get these buggers to go away, cuz I get so upset when I see their mean side.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you had a better day today! Yay on the snail mail! Also... yummy junk food. I've been stuck on "homemade" barbecue chicken dip for a while now. If I can add it to whatever I'm eating, it's added, and liberally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your "homemade" in quotes because you made it from a mix packet? hehe

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Pretty much. I use Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce. If I want some more kick to it I add cayenne pepper. :)

      Delete