Thursday, July 7, 2016

Band of Bloggers - Vol. 7 / July 2016


Summer 2016 is officially here for all of us in the Northern Hemisphere! Longer days, abundant sunshine, warm weather and fun activities will hopefully keep us busy and happy during the months ahead.

This month the Band Of Bloggers will be sharing their favorite summer memory or tradition as well as the one scent or blend that we most associate with summertime.
I have very fond memories of riding my bike . . . A LOT . . . during the long lazy days of my childhood summers.  If I was bored, I'd hop on my bike and go for a ride around my little hometown.  I'd go riding down the little country roads just outside of town.  Just cruising all around.  I also fondly recall hanging out on the front porch, reading books, or listening to the radio, or just watching the world go by.  These are things I miss now that I live in the country.

As for summertime scents, of course there is freshly cut grass.  And the smell of fresh rain on hot blacktop always reminds me of a trip to Six Flags Great America when I was a teen.  Not sure why.  lol
But summertime scents in wax?  Coconut blends always scream summer to me.  Fruity scents in general for summer, but particularly coconut.
---------------------------------------------------

Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs
and help support the blogger community!

Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.
Liz, at Furianne
Michelle, at Waxing About.

10 comments:

  1. Oooooo! New blog look! This reminds me of the good ol' blogging days. <3

    I love your summer memories. I let the girls ride around the neighborhood on their bikes but I would be terrified to let them go much farther. You paint in idyllic picture of your youth. I love it. Do you have fireflies up there?

    Rain on the blacktop is such a great and specific scent. It reminds me of theme parks too. Specifically Disney. Probably because we always went in the summer when school was out and the summer brings storms here. Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have fireflies up here! On the 4th of July, while shooting off fireworks, we kept seeing fireflies and wondering if they were stray sparks. lol

      I'm not sure if I like this old school look. I got frustrated looking for a cute summer theme and just went to this as a temporary thing. It might be changed by the end of the day. LOL!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Loved a good bike ride when I was a kid. At the time, I remember being so mad my mom made us wear helmets, but now, I thank her for it as I spilled more than once! Great invocations of summer, Deb! Coconut blends are definitely a summer favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helmets are for wusses! I love those old posts that pop up on FB and other sites, about how kids years ago never should have survived by today's standards. Like riding bikes without helmets, sliding down hot metal slides, playgrounds on cement instead of mulch, drinking out of the garden hose, etc.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I still drink from hoses and faucets and spigots.

      Delete
    3. And you neglect your back when it comes to sunscreen. Your days are numbered, missy!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. On my computer screen, your reply shows up blank. On my phone it shows up with a heart. In the email notification, it shows a heart and a blank square. lol

      What are your summer memories? Slowly tipping rocking chairs? Babysitting at Darlene's?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Oh bike riding, that's one of my favourite childhood past times too, exploring the neighbourhood with my brother, cycling at top speed down slopes and sharp corners. I am going to count that as a summer memory too! In fact my Dad was just saying he wants to do a bike ride to a nearby island, I will have to take him up on that. I hope you enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I like the new blog look! I, too, remember riding my bike a lot. One time my shoe laces got caught up in the gear mechanism and I had a nasty tumble. I wasn't hurt... until a neighbor saw my predicament and tried to come and help me. Somehow that got the tears rolling. LOL

    Hot rain on a blacktop! I love that smell! Same with freshly cut grass, though I associate that more with Springtime.

    ReplyDelete