Friday, July 29, 2016

Haul - The Blissful Loft (wax tarts)

While browsing Etsy recently I came across The Blissful Loft, a wax melts shop.  The wax I saw was absolutely gorgeous but since there weren't any fall scents I moved on.  I kept being drawn back to that shop though, and finally sent the owner a message asking if she'd be adding fall scents.  She replied that she would be, and I continued to keep an eye on her shop.  I saw one scent go up, then nothing for many more days.  I was getting impatient, and finally went ahead and placed a tiny order when I saw one other fall scent go up.

Aren't those tart beautiful?!  They remind me very much of my original favorite wax vendor, Country Home Scents, which closed shop years ago.  The Blissful Loft has these mini cupcake sized tarts, as well as some crumble chunks and other shapes.  The ones I bought were $1.25 and $1.30, and I see on the site there is price range of $1.00 to $7.75 (6+ oz. pie type tart).

But let's take a closer look at the few beauties I got.

Pumpkin Souffle Pecan Waffles - 'This is a layered tart of pumpkin souffle and pumpkin pecan waffle drizzled with sugar cookies and some crumbles.
This was the first fall scent I'd seen listed in her shop and it is so cute with it's muted fall colors.  As you know, Pumpkin Souffle is my absolute must-have sent for Thanksgiving.  Blending it with Pumpkin Pecan Waffles sounded like yummy overload.  And it is indeed soooo good.  I think the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles notes come through a little bit more that the Pumpkin Souffle but it's still a deep, rich pumpkin scent.  There is warmth and creaminess, perfect for late fall, and the after-note is that drizzle of Sugar Cookies, which leads you right into Christmas.
 
Pumpkin Souffle Maple Butter Crunch - [no scent description]
I was a bit bummed that the only other fall scent was Pumpkin Souffle again but oh well, I just had to try it.  This blend is not nearly as rich.  It's actually rather light on cold sniff right now.  I do get a light version of my beloved Pumpkin Souffle, but I think the Maple Butter Crunch is lightening it up a bit, adding a sweet note, making it like there is a bit more butter and brown sugar in this pumpkin dish that has been brought to Grandma's holiday table.

Mint Chocolate Chips - 'A very nice balance of chocolate and mint.'
Not a fall scent but I just kept coming back to this one.  I'm not a big chocolate scent fan but I do seem to like chocolate mint, and often have it in my Christmas stash.  This is a very nice version.  The chocolate is strong and seems to be dark chocolate, and that soft, creamy mint comes rushing in right behind it.  I really like this one.

Sugar Cookies - [no scent description]
I was surprised to see a freebie, considering my order was so tiny.  I'm very happy though!
This is an awesomely rich version of sugar cookies, which can be light and bland at times.  Not this one though.  No, this is deep and creamy, vanilla-y and buttery.  It smells like the dough and you roll it out to cut your Christmas shapes, and smells like the cookies while still in the oven.  It doesn't quite have that finished cookie crispness, but that's quite alright.  It's delicious as is.

That is my lovely little first order from The Blissful Loft.  If these perform well I can easily see myself ordering again.  I don't really see any truly unique scents or blends there but good ol' familiar scents are good to have a supply of too, especially if they're well done.

I placed my order on Tuesday morning, July 26, and received the package on July 29.  You know I'm all about the fast TAT!!!  And knowing how fast they'll get here allows me to keep an eye on the shop for more fall scents, and eventually winter scents.

The three tarts I ordered are 1 oz. each, and the freebie is 0.7 oz..  As mentioned, they were $1.25 and $1.30.  Shipping was $3.60.  The order arrived in a padded yellow envelope, with the tarts nicely wrapped in white tissue paper and ribbon.  There was a nice handwritten note in a thank you card, which is always a nice touch.  So far, I am pleased and impressed with this shop.  I will set these tarts aside until fall and hope that they are strong performers.

Are you familiar with The Blissful Loft?
If you have now browsed the shop, did anything catch your eye?

 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute order Deb! I like the simplicity of the presentation. Nice colors, shape and decoration. That pumpkin souffle' and PPW tart sounds perfect. I will have to browse this Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a softness, an elegance about the wax I see in this shop. I'm really hoping they're strong enough for me!

      ~Deb

      Delete