Thursday, July 28, 2016

Melted - Rosegirls / Coconut Caramel Pears

Coconut Caramel Pears - 'Blend of Gilligan's Brew, Ooey Gooey Caramel and Pear.'
 
 Although this sounds like a scent I would be absolutely gaga about, the caramel is way too salty for my liking and that killed the whole thing for me.  I tried to be tolerant and tried to get past that to find the pear or coconut notes but no, I just couldn't do it.  I'd say the hint of pear is stronger than any coconut I did or didn't notice.  That harsh salty caramel note is the strongest note and for me it was just too much.

I melted a little over 1 oz. worth of a chunk in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent.  Why is it the scents we don't like always seem stronger?  lol

2 comments:

  1. Oh pooh. I know you were looking forward to a good pear and caramel scent. Pear is a tricky one for me. Glad to hear it has a nice throw though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice spiced pear might be something I need to find. Hmm, wax goals...lol

      The salty caramel makes me wonder about that lemon-caramel one RG had a while ago. If I had it now, would I find it to salty? Is their caramel really too salty or have I just become salt sensitive? Oooh, maybe I need a low sodium wax diet. *har har*

      ~Deb

      Delete