Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Natters - July 12 / She's What?!


Holy freakballz!  My mom is coming home tomorrow already!  The nurse called me today to get some information and said they were looking at tomorrow afternoon for discharge.  I was like 'What?!  We were thinking Friday!'  The nurse said no, that for hip replacement it's usually just a two night stay.  She said it would depend how well Mom does in her moving around and first therapy today and tomorrow morning, but yeah, she'd probably be sent home tomorrow.

Doh!!!

So then I was instantly fretting about who would go get her since my brother would be working, and now I'd need to move my time off up to this week instead of starting next week.  I sent a text to my brother, warning him.  Also sent a text to hubby to warn him in case he had to be the emergency backup plan.  Sent a message to my boss, warning him too.

Well that stress is gone now because my sister-in-law called this evening and said she'd be going to bring Mom home tomorrow.  She said Mom had called and they were booting her out at 3pm tomorrow afternoon.  My sister-in-law was worried, thinking I wouldn't be able to stay with Mom till next week but I cleared that all up and said that yes, I'd be ready to start tomorrow when they got back.

This is all so whirlwind!  It's got me very hopeful too!  Is she really moving around that good that it's no problem to come home already?  Is this recovery going to be that much faster and easier?  If you've prayed or sent positive vibes, I thank you!!!  I also got a text from my other brother, letting me know that he and his wife would be more available this time to come and give me some time off from Momsitting once in a while.  Oh lordee, thank you!  AND the nurse said they'll have the nurse and therapist come to Mom's home for the first couple weeks.  Yes!!!  I wasn't looking forward to the constant driving around for therapy and checkups.  Ohhhh, I'm quite hopeful this evening, but we'll see soon enough if it's all too good to be true.

I didn't do much today because I thought I'd still have tomorrow off.  Once those plans changed I got busy doing some laundry and getting some things organized here for the menfolk.  Tomorrow morning I'll go shopping quick, then get home and finish up some laundry and other things before heading over to Mom's.

I did watch one Netflix movie today.  It was Pay The Ghost, and it was dumb.  I'm not much of a Nicholas Cage fan but even beyond that, the movie was dumb.  Read some more of my King Ludwig book too today.  I'm looking forward to my post about that, although it won't be until after I'm back from my mom's.

Okay, well I'm off for the night.  I'm not sure if I'll sneak a little post in before I leave tomorrow.  Maybe this will be it for a while.  I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Wish us luck!  lol

6 comments:

  1. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    I'm so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of still in shock, like this is too good to be true. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. YAY! I'm so glad things seem to be going well for you and your mom! It sounds like this is going to be a much smoother process than last time.

    The only reason we still pay for Netflix is Michael claims to use it. I do not care for the Korean selection at all, and since Netflix has been cracking down on VPNs I don't get the regular US options. Phooey.

    I'm stuck on a Dr. Scarpetta novel, and have been for the past several months. Then when I pick up the book again I feel like I can't follow what's happening. Ugh.

    Good luck! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still do the DVDs from Netflix because of our boonies internet. I considered dropping it again because half the time it feels like I have to force myself to sit down and watch these movies in order to get them sent back in a timely manner and make it worth my money. And hubby gets impatient when new movies come on pay per view channels but Netflix doesn't get them for another month.

      I'm loving learning about King Ludwig from this book! I'll save my thoughts for the eventual post though.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. This is such great news! I bet you are pretty proud of that mom of yours right about now. I hope she keeps on moving forward at such a great pace.
    I hope you're getting all of the errands run and mostly, I hope you found some good games to put on your phone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put Two Dots on my iPod and Bejewelled Classic on her tablet, but that's about it. I didn't bother with my phone because, well, Casey The Data Hog and all that..... *sigh*

      ~Deb

      Delete