Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Natters - July 13 / Last Post For A While


I have time for a last post before I go.  How about that?!  I went shopping quick this morning, then got home and attacked the rest of the laundry and other things that needed to be done.  I even managed to watch my other Netflix movie.  It's called Goodnight, Mommy, it's in German, and it's bizarre!  And it's one of those that never really explains itself so you have to work it out for yourself and come to your own conclusions.
I bought a couple things while shopping today.
Hubby almost watched this on pay per view last night before I reminded him I was going to town today and would just buy it.  We have the first two, so we might as well complete the set.  I haven't read the books but I have seen the first two movies and enjoyed them enough to keep watching.

Now that all the Back To School things are out at Walmart, a lot of stuff is catching my eye even though I don't know what I'd use most of it for these days.  I did grab these three notebooks today though.  They have the the plastic covers and the two bigger ones also have silver stretchy band closures.  I figure those will be good for journals.  The smaller one just needed to come home with me.  Don't judge.

On this day, July 13, back in 1985, the Live Aid concerts were held around the world.  Oh what a glorious day that was!  I still have my original cassette tapes and VHS tapes from trying to record everything off the radio and TV.  My sister and I used to watch and listen to those endlessly, particularly the London portion because they had all the best acts that day.  Heck, some of you that I've become friends with now weren't even born yet when all that fun was happening!  I feel old now.

Well, it's after 2pm now so I should probably start packing up.  We're supposed to have severe weather moving in this afternoon too.  Hopefully my mom is home and indoors before that hits.  So I guess I will talk to you all when I get back . . . whenever that may be.

So what were YOU doing on Live Aid day?
lol

 OH!  The season premiere of Suits is tonight!
Who will be watching with me?!


2 comments:

  1. Those journals are super cute! The owl one needs to come home for Savanna. I will head up to Walmart and Target and see if I can scout out anything. Especially now that Savanna is snail mail writing her friends she needs some stationary.

    Hmmmm... I was four years old on Live Aid day and probably fishing with my Dad or shelling peas with my mom. Or at a U-Pick or playing with my metal cars. Or in my sandbox.

    I have not been watching Suits yet. But I may get into it.

    Glad you mom is doing well! Looking forward to seeing you on here again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that she's snail mailing! Hopefully it's a habit she keeps all her life.

      I managed to stop at Target's Dollar Spot a few days ago but did not see any fall things yet. They should be popping up soon so I'm going to start checking more often. Or at least start keeping an eye on haul videos...lol

      I'm home from my mom's now and anxious to get back into posting!

      ~Deb

      Delete