Sunday, July 31, 2016

Natters - July 31


Slept fairly decent last night.  I woke up from weird dreams a couple times, and although I can't remember what the dreams were now I do remember being upset and freaked when I woke up each time.  What the heck is going on?!

Went to town with Casey this morning so he could get his new TV.  I looked for different curtains, and ended up finding 'blackout panel' liners instead.  When I got back home, hubby and looked them over and decided that no, they wouldn't work with the curtains I'd ordered.  Well crap.  But wait!  After coming up with a different way to attach the liners, and selectively placing them (because they're a bit too small), we did get them to work.  Hubby hung up two of the new curtain rods.  Of course we couldn't find the bracket pieces for the third.  Why should anything ever be easy?  But we did get the curtains hung, keeping the old rod for that third window until I can go buy new brackets.  And, because I'm a total creature of habit, I don't like how the curtains look, and don't like how its changed the room.  We all knew this would happen though, so I just have to wait out that initial 'I hate it!' reaction.

Ty came over to do his laundry.  We helped Casey get his new TV stand put together and his new TV in place.  Ty left soon enough, and then I did our laundry and did the dishes I'd not done yesterday.  I went out and watered our transplanted tree, forgot to take pics though.  I've continues to feel crappy all through this, just completely sore and tired.  Once I got all my running around done, took some ibuprofen, and laid on the couch for a while, I finally started to feel a bit better.  I even got about a 20 minute nap in.

I got the new Harry Potter book when I was town today.  I'm a bad Potter fan because I wasn't all that excited about this leading up to it.  It's not really a new book in the series.  It's actually a script of the upcoming stage play, and it's only based on a story by JK Rowling, not actually written by her.  But there was excitement about the book online yesterday so I decided ah heck, just get it.  It's 300 pages and reads quite quickly because it's in script form.  I'd wanted to just park my butt and plow through it today but all my other little chores kept cutting into my reading time.  So when I go to bed tonight I will set aside the Philippa Gregory book I recently started reading, and dive into this instead.

In fact, I think I'll go do that now because I am just so freakin' exhausted.

Are you a Harry Potter fan?
Did you get the new book?

No comments:

Post a Comment