Thursday, August 4, 2016

Band of Bloggers - Vol. 8 / August 2016


Welcome to the August 2016 edition of Band of Bloggers! Record temperatures across the globe have us feeling the heat and looking forward to Autumn, especially those delicious scents that make our homes feel warm and cozy. 

This month we are sharing our favorite fall blend and also the vendor we would turn to first to order this blend.
In the non-wax related category, we're each recommending a book that we have read and loved. 
My absolute must-have for fall is A Thankful Harvest, from Better Homes & Gardens.  It is a wonderful, creamy pumpkin scent, not too spicy.  Last fall I discovered that Vanilla Pumpkin, from Scentsationals, is possibly the same scent.  (They are made by the same company, afterall.)  From indie vendors, my must-have is Pumpkin Souffle, and I always get that from Sweet Fixations.  Another must-have for me is a good spiced cranberry but I can't seem to find one that I like enough that any vendor carries consistently.

As for books, I'm going to go with one I read several years ago.  It is called Embrace, and was written by Jessica Shirvington.  The description reads,
It starts with a whisper.

"It's time for you to know who you are . . . "

Strange dreams leave her with very real injuries and there's a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms.  The guy she thought she could fall in love with just told her he's only half-human - oh, and same goes for her.  And she keeps hearing a distant flutter of wings.

Violet Eden is having a very bad 17th birthday.

But if angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worst than betting on Violet Eden . . .

As you can tell it's about a teenage girl who discovers she is Grigori, half angel.  And I'm all about angel stories!  I freakin' loved this book!  As usual with me, I did not care for the other books in this series, but this first one . . . LOVED!
(My review of the book can be read ----> here.) 
---------------------------------

Please join in and comment with your number one fall blend and definitely give us your best book recommendations!
---------------------------------------------------

Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs
and help support the blogger community!

Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.
Liz, at Furianne
Michelle, at Waxing About.

4 comments:

  1. How cool! I need to find that book. Reminds me of the Shadowhunters nephilim and I enjoyed those books.

    I always forget about A Thankful Harvest. Probably because my local stores are never really reliable as far tarts go. You are right about having a hard time finding a consistently easy cranberry spice to order from. I did buy a big bag from Carol back when she used to offer bigger sizes, as hers is pretty good. I am trying to think if I have tried Dessa's spiced cranberry. I feel like there was one more that was good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's Dessa's spiced cranberry that is my favorite right now. Scentsationals used to have THE best one, but I don't think they have it anymore. At least it seems like a couple years since I've seen it.

      Now I have to go check and see if I ordered Dessa's version this year?!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Great list of books! :)
    Have you thought of buying your favorite cranberry scent and blending it with a good spice one? Maybe make your own franken-blend since you haven't found one you love? Love me a good cranberry scent in fall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Psst - I only listed one book. hehe)

      Nah, I'm not a blender, and I don't like the non-spiced cranberry scents because they're too sweet and perfumey, so I wouldn't have any to blend with. I'll just need to stock up on Dessa's and hope Scentsationals has theirs again sometime.

      ~Deb

      Delete