Friday, August 5, 2016

Glade 2016 Fall Scents **UPDATED**

A week or so ago I noticed my Walmart was starting to stock the new Glade fall scented products.  I waited to see if more would be coming, and kept an eye on the Glade website until they finally updated with the new fall line.  I'm surprised there are only three basic scents this year.  Usually there are four or five, with one being a Target exclusive and one being a Walmart exclusive.  But nope, this year there are only three on the Glade website and I've seen all three at my local Walmart.

Spiced Apple Magic - 'Apple and cinnamon.'
  • Apple Cider, Cinnamon, Mixed Berries
  • Clove, Nutmeg
  • Vanilla, Cream
I don't think this is the same as their regular Apple Cinnamon scent.  Both were there on the shelf and I did a quick cold sniff comparison.  The scent notes on the site are slightly different, and this Spiced Apple Magic does seem to be a deeper, fuller scent.  There is a slight cider note but it does not strike me as a cider type scent overall.  There is depth and warmth, a little more interesting than just a basic cinnamon apple scent.  This is not last year's fall apple scent.

Wondrous Autumn Nights - 'Jasmine and patchouli.'
  • Crisp Air, Mint
  • Apple, Leather
  • Molasses, Patchouli
I don't care much for this one, but I know a couple people who would probably love it.  It's one of those typical cologne-y fall blends.  I'm not sure why the top of the packaging says it's jasmine and patchouli when I see no jasmine in the notes.  Because I'm not a fan of this type of scent, I didn't really pick it apart too much on my quick cold sniff.  There is a hint of warmth, probably from that molasses, but other than that all I came away with was . . . cologne.   Looking back at last year's scents, I don't think there was anything like this.

Rich Pumpkin Dream - 'Pumpkin and nutmeg.'
  • Pumpkin, Caramel, Nutmeg
  • Cardamom, Cinnamon
  • Vanilla, Buttercream
Oh yes, this is a really nice pumpkin scent.  A couple years ago they had a really dry and spicy pumpkin that was horrible.  This is soooo not like that.  This is creamy, rich, warm.  There is a bit of sweetness, and it's low on spice.  This year's pumpkin is a very cozy bakery scent.  I'm not sure if it's the same as last year's, because the notes on the site last year were so wacky I'm wondering if they were incorrect.  Going on sniff-memory though, I'd say this might be close to the same as last year's.

And that's it!  Only three scents this year, at least from what I can tell.  If you're aware of any others, please let me know.   These appear to be available in all the usual forms of Glade products such as melts, candles, sprays, and oils.  There are usually great coupons online to make these already affordable home fragrance products even cheaper.

Will you be buying an of the 2016 fall scents from Glade?  Will you at least stop and give them a sniff?
I might grab the apple one, but I think the pumpkin is close enough to last year's and I already have a few of those leftover from when I grabbed them on clearance.  But who knows, maybe I'll grab one just to compare.
*** UPDATE***
There is indeed a fourth scent, and this is probably the Target exclusive(Updated update - I just saw this at Dollar General.)  I have not seen it myself yet, but someone I follow on Instagram found it at Target.  I did a bit of searching online and am only seeing it in room spray form right now.
Deep Golden Spell - 'Mixed notes of citrus and jasmine and the oaky scents of amber and vanilla beans surround you in the comforts of the cozy season.'


2 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to find this anywhere! I have been to several Dollar Generals and nothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bummer. I haven't been back to my Dollar General and I haven't paid attention at other places lately.

      ~Deb

      Delete