Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Mainstays Wax 2016 Fall Scents

I was happy to see that my local Walmart has put the Mainstays brand fall scents home fragrance products.  I was a little bummed to see that only one is new this year, but that's okay since I really enjoyed the scents last year.  I went ahead and grabbed one of each.  I also grabbed two that are in their everyday scents section but that I feel go great with the fall line.

So let's take a look!

Pecan Pumpkin Cake - [no scent description]
This is the only new one I see this year.  Probably trying to play on the ongoing popularity of Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, this is indeed that same type of scent.  You get that warm nutty note right off the bat, quickly followed by some buttery pumpkin notes.  There is a bit of a cake note, or a generic warm bakery note that adds just a touch of sweetness and a lot of coziness.  This one is a very quick and affordable way to get that big name type fix.

Apple Pumpkin - [no scent description]
This one is returning from last year.  I enjoyed it then so I was happy to grab another one now.  The apple is a little stronger in here but that pumpkin still does a good job of showing itself.  It's like a spiced, almost cider-y type apple.  This is a deep, warm scent, perfect for early fall.

Mulled Cider - [no scent description]
I never used to be much of a cider scent fan but last year I started to come around to them and found that I really enjoyed this one.  Cold sniff in the package right now doesn't do it justice if I'm remembering last year's correctly.  It's kind of shallow and apple juicy on cold sniff but warmed (last year at least) it became a full bodied, warmly spiced apple cider.

Pumpkin Spice - [no scent description]
Another returning scent, this is quite a spicy version of Pumpkin Spice.  It's not a dry spice though, not sharp and flat.  There is warmth and depth in that gooey pumpkin pie filling, softening those spices and creating a homey holiday scent.  A must-have for fall.

Warm Apple Pie - [no scent description]
This is one I grabbed from their everyday scents section.  This is not the best hot apple pie type I've come across but it is still darn good.  I don't get too much of a crust or bakery note.  The apple is juicy and sweet, spiced only enough to nudge your brain into fall mode.  There are hints of the warm, sugary syrup.  A really nice apple scent for fall if you need a quick fix.

Cranberry Mandarin - [no scent description]
Another in their everyday scents section that I thought was fabulous last year for late fall and into the Christmas season.  There is a zesty bite to this one on cold sniff but I remember it being more toned down when warmed last year, like a softly spiced punch.

They also have this sitting in the fall section of wax . . . 
Evergreen Spruce - [no scent description]
They had this out in fall last year too and I don't understand that.  Pine scents are totally Christmas, are they not?  lol  Anyway, I grabbed one now so I'd be sure to have it when I need it for the winter scents.  It's a typical spruce scent, slightly sweet as far as the evergreen scents go.  This is the kind of scent that automatically makes you think of Christmas trees.

That is what I've seen at my local Walmart for the 2016 fall scents in the Mainstays brand.  I don't think these are just temporary leftovers from last year or that new ones will show up, because they've filled the shelves with all forms of these scents, like candles, sprays, etc..  I have been impressed with these affordable little guys.  Their scents are deep and true, not shallow and waxy as some store brands can be.  They are small enough at 1.25 oz. per package to just pop the whole thing into your warmer, are break it in half if you are a less-is-more melter.  And at only $0.93 a pack, you can easily grab a variety or stock up on favorites.

Have you tried the Mainstays fall scents?
Which one calls to you most?

4 comments:

  1. Mulled Cider!!! I love that one. The Evergreen Spruce would be one I would pick up too. I bet it would be nice to blend with. Next time I am at Walmart I will snoop around the tart section and see what they offer. Hoping for Mulled Cider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't find Mulled Cider I can definitely help you out there!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I did pick up the Pecan Pumpkin Cake and I agree it's a great value for this type of scent. I passed on the others; my wax selection was very picked over and I hope that means all the new BHG and Scentsationals scents will be stocked soon. My store did randomly have one new fall scent; Pumpkin Marsmallow Cream. It's a nice warm, creamy pumpkin with a hint of spice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My store has some fall scents now but they're just mixed in with the regular stuff. I saw online a ton of other fall scents that aren't at my store yet. I'm hoping they have more in a regular fall display soon.

      ~Deb

      Delete