Thursday, August 4, 2016

Melted - The Bathing Garden / Summer Melon & Mint

Summer Melon & Mint - 'A bowl of cut melon, guava, mango, papaya, and strawberries garnished with freshly picked peppermint leaves.'

 I really liked this scent, which once again goes to show how freebies can expose you to scents you might not otherwise try.  This was indeed a freebie in my order earlier this year.  I don't really pick out any one fruit in particular, it's just a nice bright melon-y type scent, and that hint of peppermint is such a nice twist.  It adds a sort of sugar note and finishes it all off with a hint of sharpness.  This is a lovely cooling scent for hot summer days.

I'm also surprised and impressed with how well this performed for me!  I usually don't have much luck with The Bathing Garden wax.  This little 0.7 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer though, gave me a decent enough medium strength scent.  I was happy with that!

6 comments:

  1. I remember liking this scent, too! Glad you enjoyed it! Freebies are one of the best ways to learn of new scents. Fruit and peppermint seems to be a great combo, and even come bakery peppermints, like the one you made for our muffin club waaaay back when! TBG is awesome, glad you're having luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another hard thing about TBG for me is that when I look at the scent descriptions they're usually nothing I'd ever go for, but so far I've liked all of these samples I've tried. So it's a hard gamble for me, to dump a chunk of change into something I might not like, that might be too weak, and to have to wait that long TAT. *sigh*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I loved this one also and found it to perform well. I think TBG has really upped it's throw game this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whether she's changed something or not, these few that I've tried recently have been pretty darn nice. I'd probably order from her Halloween line if I didn't already have way too much fall wax.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I melted this in the girls' bathroom and it was really nice! Glad it worked for you. I know you have not always had good results from TBG but I love how you gave her more chances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been quite surprised by these. I still have that watermelon-something clamshell waiting to be tried. I should probably get on that before it gets shoved aside in favor of fall scents!

      ~Deb

      Delete