Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Melted - Scentsationals / Almond Brandy Pudding

Almond Brandy Pudding - 'Almond milk splashed with aged brandy and stirred with salted caramel, roasted almond silvers, Kenyan coffee and Madagascar vanilla bean baked into a creamy custard pudding.
 This one sounded so interesting when I saw it on the Scentsationals website.  Cold sniff shocked me with a really strong and sharp almond note, along other inyerface sharp notes.  I almost didn't even bother melting it.  I finally gave it a shot though and wow, it's like a totally different scent when warmed!  All of the different notes are toned way down and made creamy in a warm custard blend.  This scent could be described as thick, if anyone understands what I mean.  It's like the notes are almost suffocated or cut off, like you inhale and start to be like 'Ah, I smell alm------wait, was that almond?'  The hints of almond and coffee are there, and then there is this thick blanket of all the other warm creaminess.  I did not hate this scent but I don't think I'd get it again.

I melted three cubes (about 1 oz. worth) in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong scent.

2 comments:

  1. I like the branding on these tarts. It looks sharp. Sorry the scent didn't work out. I don't think I could do that type of scent either. I can see how it could be suffocating like you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought their 'Fusion' line was supposed to be simple scents for blending together. Maybe I'm remembering wrong though because I can't imagine blending this with anything. It was definitely an interesting scent though.

      ~Deb

      Delete