Monday, August 1, 2016

Natters - Aug. 1 / A Couple Fun Items


August first!  It's August already?!  That's kinda nice actually because we're just that much closer to fall now!
 
My mood has been better today, in some ways.  I did wake up a couple times in the night, feeling anxious and panicked and trying to remember whether it was still my day off or a back to work day.  But once I was up (since it was indeed my day off) I was feeling better than I have the past several days.  I puttered around on something things in the early morning then headed over to my mom's for the weekly visit.  She only needed a load of laundry done this week so it was a quick visit.  She's doing great, up and around more often and more easily.  She's starting to get anxious to get out and go shopping again.

When I got home from Mom's, Casey was having problems with his new computer.  I tried to help him figure it out but ended up leaving him alone when we both got snippy about it.  He later figured out that it's the wireless internet adapter or some dumb thing.  *shrugs*  So he's ended up coming back downstairs to use the previous computer until he can get the part he needs.  While he was hogging the internet watching his endless anime on YouTube, I played around with the new curtains again, removing the blackout liners from two sets and using those to properly cover more space on the curtains across the big front windows.  I realized we don't need blackout panels on the two side windows because there are shades in those windows.  Duh me!

Got the curtains hung back up and decided to lounge around and watch my Netflix movies.  First I tried watching The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but it wouldn't play in either the DVD player or the Xbox so that one's going back marked as damaged.  The other one was The Fifth Wave.  I can't believe how much I liked that one!  I'd always debated whether to read the book or not and always end up going for something else.  My mind lumps it together with The Hunger Games and Divergent.  I have not read the Divergent books but have enjoyed the movies, so I decided to go ahead and try The Fifth Wave in movie form instead of reading the book.  Like I said, I really liked it!  Maybe it's not as grand as Hunger Games or Divergent but for me it was easier to follow and easier to like because it was a bit more simple.  Critics be damned.  I like what I like.

Some of the other things I ordered in my boredom last week came today.
How cute is this little guy?!  It's a solar 'Tiffany' fox that I just new I needed to have when I saw it in a catalog at my mom's.  It's made out of durable plastic and is not quite a foot tall.  I'll probably put it out on our little back / laundry room porch since I'm trying to spruce up that area.  I've had him sitting in the sun all day, and can't wait to see what he looks like lit up tonight.

And this one!  Oh my gosh!  I saw this in the same catalog and new it had to find its way to me.  It's a 3D metal wall hanging, about 18" tall.  It is so sooo cool.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  In real life it looks so well done and expensive.  I'm not sure where I'll put it when the time comes to decorate for Halloween but I love love love this thing!

I can't remember if posted this one or not.  I keep thinking I haven't.  Sorry if I have.
That day last week that I had to run to town for my mom and I stopped at Dollar Tree, I'd found the newer washi tapes and my first instinct was to grab one of each.  I talked myself out of it though, reminding myself that I'm not even using the tapes I already have so why buy more?  This one was so cute though, and can be used all year, for even the most generic things, so I allowed myself this one.

Well, that's about all the excitement for today.  I'm tired and already feel the stress about work starting so I'm going to head up to bed and read for a bit.  And we'll see if I manage to drag myself to work tomorrow or not.  Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to read you had a good day! I just love that fox lamp. Is that a little pink heart over its chest? Will you please take a pic of it lit up? The cat in the pumpkin is super cute. I love decorations like that too. Good for you for getting a couple of fun things to decorate with come fall/Halloween. Hope back to work went well for you.

    I read Perks of Being A Wallflower so I could watch the movie but have never gotten around to it. Thank you for reminding me of that. I intended to read Fifth Wave too but have not. It looked like a thrilling story.

    As I showed you, our Dollar Tree is bursting with fall. I feel like they have just put it out before I came, it was all in stock and ready to sell, hardly anything missing. I never get that lucky. Glad the girls wanted to go. No washi there though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That IS a little pink heart of the fox. I will try to remember to get a pic of it lit up tonight.

      I'm sooooo tempted to go to my Dollar Tree today to see if they've put their fall stuff out! Hmmm, I have no plans for the day.....

      ~Deb

      Delete