Thursday, August 4, 2016

Natters - Aug. 4

Anyone know what kind of plant this is?  We planted it several years ago by our front porch and it's one of the few things that continues to thrive out there.  This year is the biggest and most blooms I've seen it.  Just wish I could remember what it is . . . 

Tuesday was back to work after my little meltdown last week.  It wasn't too bad, which was a huge relief.  Seems my mood is emerging from that dark tunnel I get stuck in.  Did have foot pain but I took a lot of ibuprofen and made it through.  I've also started doing a lot of foot and calf muscle stretching, and have a small ball that I use to massage the bottoms of my feet several times a day.  It seems to have helped.  I'd been reading about different things that can cause plantar fasciitis, instead of just blaming bad shoes, and a lot of it makes sense.  The bigger problem at work was the ungodly heat and humidity.  The room I work in most of the time is supposedly "climate controlled" but that hasn't worked efficiently for years now and is just getting worse.  But do you think those who work all day up front in their air conditioned offices will listen to us?

Wednesday was brutal.  The heat and humidity was the worst part again but I also tweaked my back early in the day and gimped around all stiff which only added to the foot pain.  UGH!  I considered just going home several times but talked myself out of it, thinking 'You can't just start hiding at home all the time.'  I was still aching and trying to sleep at 1am this morning.  Ugh ugh uuuuuugh!

I did learn something interesting Tuesday at work though.  The plant manager (who I've been friends with for 20 years) asked me if I was going to stay on 12hrs when they switched things around.  I was like "Wait, what?"  Because of that whole company leaving in 18 month thing I talked about earlier this year, orders are down on the lines I work on.  Another line can't keep up though so they are going to switch us back to 8 hour shifts and switch that other line over to the 12 hour shifts.  I don't have any other details yet though.  The shorter shifts sound dreamy at this point but it would be five days a week.  I *love* my days off with my current 12hr schedule.  I don't know if my responsibilities will be changing.  I really don't know anything yet and I kinda wish he hadn't even mentioned it until he knew more.  I think just the idea of something changing there has me a little excited.

Well anyway, for as achy and miserable as I was by the end of the day yesterday, I woke up feeling almost great this morning.  Not sure how that happened but I'll take it!  My mood is awesome too.  I did the mess of dishes that menfolk never seem to do on my work days.  I filled the bird feeders and watered the transplanted tree.  I sorted through emails and did some bloggy stuff.  I debated going shopping (dying to see if my Dollar Tree has fall stuff yet) but decided to just wait and do it all tomorrow since I have to go do bank stuff and get groceries anyway.  So then I just kinda lounged around, tried to read more of the new Harry Potter book but ended up falling asleep on the couch for about two hours.  Oops.

We had a lovely thunderstorm roll through this evening which has really cooled things off.  The next couple days are supposed to remain cooler, like right around 80 instead of 90.  That will be an awesome change.

Hubby and I watched the movie The Intern tonight.  I loved it!  I thought it was going to be a lot more of a crazy comedy type thing but that's okay.  I just loved so many things about it.  The difference in attitudes from the older guy in all his classic ways to the younger workers around him with all their sloppy techie ways was spot on.  It's probably weird to most people but that movie made me cry so much!  LOL
We were sure he was going to die and lived in fear of it for about the last 30-40 minutes.  And I think they purposely put in all sorts of little clues to make you think that too.  Ohhh, that was evil!  I would have totally lost it.  Buy yeah, excellent movie that you should watch if you haven't already.  It's very touching on so many levels.

I'm off to read before bed now.  I'm actually really excited to go shopping tomorrow now that I know fall things are starting to pop up in stores!  Hopefully I'll have some fun things to share tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hope the work changes are to your benefit! That purple flowering plant is beautiful. Not sure what it is though. Glad some good days were there for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two days after that conversation with the plant manager a huge crisis hit the plant and all of those changes he mentioned are on hold while they sort out the latest mess. There is a saying, "It has to get worse before it can get better." Well, every day we wonder how much worse it can get..... *sigh*

      ~Deb

      Delete