Friday, September 2, 2016

Fall Fun Series - Fall Tag


Hello there friends! This will be a new post series that myself, and a bunch of old and new blogging friends will be engaging in this autumn season. We will be covering our fall wax melts, candles, recipes, decorations, and more. Please feel free to join us in the comments when we post by telling us what you are melting or creating or loving this fall. If you are a blogger and would like to join us please let us know and we will send you the schedule of posts. Please welcome the following bloggers and check out their posts as well which will generally post Monday and Friday starting September and ending the day after Thanksgiving (some may post on different days or times):

Amanda at ThriftyPolished
Jessica at The Meltdown Blog
Lauren at LoloLovesScents
Liz at Furianne
Sandra at Finger Candy
Stephanie at Imperfectly Painted
Sunnee at Our Sunny Life

To kick off the first post we will do a Fall Tag!

1. What is your favorite thing about fall?
It's generic to say I love everything about fall, but I do. In trying to narrow it down I'd say that I love the cooler temperatures and fall colors. I love seeing all the pumpkin things showing up. I love that fall means football season has returned. Fall just seems like such a cozy but fun time of year. 


2. Do you get fall colors where you live?
Yes we do!  I live in Wisconsin so we do indeed get the color changes, the temperature changes, the fall experience.  I love it!

3. Favorite fall scent (wax, or anything)?
I looooove fall scents.  It's the most exciting time of the year for wax for me.  I love a good spiced apple scent earlier in fall, but I need my favorite pumpkin scents later.  Those would be A Thankful Harvest (Better Homes and Gardens) and Pumpkin Souffle (Sweet Fixations).


4. Favorite fall food or drink?
I like sampling all the different pumpkin spice goodies that come out.  That's funny because I don't like actual pumpkin pie.  A new one that I've seen already this year is Pumpkin Spice Cheerios.


5. Football.....yay or nay?
YAY!!!  Skol Vikings!


6. Do you rake, jump in, or burn piles of leaves?
When I was a kid we lived in town and always had to rake up the leaves in our yard.  We'd jump in the piles and play around before eventually burning them.  I live in the country now and we just leave the fallen leaves alone.  They get chopped up in the last few lawn mows of the year, but other than we don't do anything with them.


7. Haunted house or corn maze?
Although I've never done one yet, I'd have to go with corn maze.  Haunted houses don't really do anything for me because you know it's all fake.  To go to a possibly haunted place would be different though.   But my answer is corn maze.


8. Have you ever gone on a hayride?
When I was a kid, yes.  Maybe hubby and I can change things this year and tackle a hayride AND a corn maze.


9. Cider or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate.  Last year I had pumpkin spice marshmallows that I put in my cocoa to make it extra fall yummy.


10. Carve a pumpkin or eat pumpkin pie?
Carve!  I don't like pumpkin pie.  And those carving kits you can buy, with those little knives and stencils, make it way more fun than the labored triangle eyes, nose, mouth of yesteryear.


11. Do you dress up for Halloween?
No.  That's not something I ever really got into.  Not sure why.


12. Candy corn.....yay or nay?
Yay!  I do love candy corn in the fall, especially the chocolate tipped ones


13. Favorite Halloween movie?
Favorite can be way different than scariest so, hmmmm . . . probably the classic Halloween.  Just hearing that theme music gives my fall loving heart a little excited flutter.


14. Scariest movie?
Easily the first Paranormal Activity.  I've only seen it once and ohhhh my gosh, it freaked. me. out.

I haven't watched it again because I want to remember that feeling of terror and how much fun it was to watch it.

15. Halloween or Thanksgiving?
I think I'll go with Thanksgiving here.  I like the coziness of it, all the yummy food, maybe getting together with loved ones or maybe just staying home.  As I always say, it's like the calm before the Christmas madness.


16. Do you watch the Macy's parade?
I went many many years without watching but the past two years I've made a point to at least watch bits of it during Thanksgiving meal preparations.  It's like an old tradition that I hadn't realized I missed so much.


17. Apple pie or pumpkin pie?
Definitely apple for me.  Something about the texture of pumpkin is very eeeuw to me.


18. White or dark meat?
White!!!  With a lot of salt.  Keep that dark crap away from me.


19. Jellied or real cranberry sauce?
Years ago, when hubby and I started staying home and preparing our own big meal, we decided to go for real cranberry sauce because the jellied seemed 'cheap.'  Funny that we both prefer the jellied and have used it ever since.


20. Will you host or travel for Thanksgiving this year?

We will probably just stay home and have a big meal for the four of us, possibly have hubby's parents over.  I like it that way, small and quiet and relaxed.

How about you? Join us by giving some of your fall tag answers! Next post we will feature our fall melting stash.
-------------
***I've decided to no longer participate in this Fall Fun Series.  I'm just having some non-bloggy issues that have me feeling like I can't commit to this project.  Feel free to follow the other bloggers throughout this series though!***

8 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! Thanks for cooking up the Fall Fun Series and I enjoyed reading your post!

    Hubby and I have been to Wisconsin and I found the rural parts to be very beautiful! We spent some time in the Appleton area and I found the people very kind and the town quaint. (Their Olive Garden was top notch too.😊)

    I do find it funny that you love all things pumpkin except pumpkin pie. 😂
    I look forward to reading everyone's posts; thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that you call Appleton a quaint town, because around here it's the closest 'big city with everything' option. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. The first Paranormal Activity, yes!! Love that movie! We, too, did the same thing with the cranberry sauce. Made our own, took the time, prepped a nice cranberry orange sauce...others loved it, but I prefer the jelly! LOL! We slice it to make it look more professional. :P

    I love the idea of this series! Thanks to you and Julie for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, but Julie did most of the work. I've just had so many issues the past many months, it's been impossible for me to get things done and focus on ANYTHING.

      We slice our cranberry jelly too! hehe

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Jellied cranberry sauce is just so good! Especially chilled and sliced. Like the texture. If you like haunted cities you should come down and visit St. Augustine, the oldest city in the US. Supposed to be very haunted. Savannah, GA too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a supposedly haunted spot about three miles from where I live. I'd never heard of it till just a few years ago, but apparently all the ghost hunter shows have been out here to check it out. The story is so vague though, and I doubt there is really anything there, but even so, the first time we went down that rode after learning about it I was so nervous! LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I think I could seriously get behind that pumpkin souffle wax tart.
    I can't wait to see your pumpkin this year, especially if you use those kits - I've always wanted to try them!
    Also, I seriously look forward to your holiday decor posts every year ツ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've used those carving kits in the past and have been amazed at the things you can do with those tiny little cutters. We didn't carve any last year. We'll have to get on it this year!

      Sometimes when I sniff Pumpkin Souffle out of season it seems too heavy or rich, but man oh man, by the time Thanksgiving rolls around it's just a perfect scent.

      I'm hoping to get my fall decor post up soon, just have to get a few more things in place.

      ~Deb

      Delete